• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last Minute Notice

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
A couple guys and I are running Dishpan (Deep Creek) today, and we'd like more heads!! Anyone in? I'm leaving my house NO later than 9:30 am today (Sunday) so if you want to go post up before then!!

PS - This is a relatively medium trail with one DAMN hard spot, the waterfall.

IF nobody wants to go up with us, maybe we'll hit Cleghorn? Open to ideas lol. Thanks in advance!! :)

Skwerly said:
Actually Grimm, YOU come up here and we'll run something, and afterward we can go to my pad and get shibby drunk!!! :)
nah going to the junkyard today, lookin for a 44 for the budget glamis XJ me and a buddy are building :D

Skwerly said:
A couple guys and I are running Dishpan (Deep Creek) today, and we'd like more heads!! Anyone in? I'm leaving my house NO later than 9:30 am today (Sunday) so if you want to go post up before then!!

PS - This is a relatively medium trail with one DAMN hard spot, the waterfall.

IF nobody wants to go up with us, maybe we'll hit Cleghorn? Open to ideas lol. Thanks in advance!! :)

Watch the videos, there were no hard spots. Elias had issues, then Kevin and I drove right up it. Little $250 hunk of metal replacing the spider gears in the front diff is all it took. :) You need to go to JV, makes all Big Bear trails look easy. Damn these guys for getting me out to JV for my FIRST wheeling trip. :)

Last edited:
markw said:
Watch the videos, there were no hard spots. Elias had issues, then Kevin and I drove right up it. Little $250 hunk of metal replacing the spider gears in the front diff is all it took. :) You need to go to JV, makes all Big Bear trails look easy. Damn these guys for getting me out to JV for my FIRST wheeling trip. :)

aint that the truth.... once you start wheeling out there its hard to get your "fix" in BB.

:D

Sure, as far as sheer difficulty, but there is NOTHING in JV to compare to the scenery in the mountains - JV resembles the Moon. :).

Anyhow, had a blast today, Dishpan claimed yet another axle of mine, but since I'm locked I just finished the trail in three wheel drive. I'm loading up the pics soon, I'll post the link here! :)

mattyj said:
aint that the truth.... once you start wheeling out there its hard to get your "fix" in BB.

:D

Kevin, MikeG, Josh and myself ran John Bull in well under an hour. Would've been quicker if we didn't have to pass a group going up the opening rock garden, and then waiting on a Land Rover. It was fun though.

Skwerly said:
Sure, as far as sheer difficulty, but there is NOTHING in JV to compare to the scenery in the mountains - JV resembles the Moon. :).

Anyhow, had a blast today, Dishpan claimed yet another axle of mine, but since I'm locked I just finished the trail in three wheel drive. I'm loading up the pics soon, I'll post the link here! :)

Aren't you the guy running 33's with a D35? Red late model?

Skwerly said:

damn man at least was it the other side this time?

I was up there I didnt see you, First we did John Bull then, I was on dishpan, then I was on the side of mainstreet changing an axle shaft..

Skwerly said:

:)

I agree, i still love wheeling BB for just that reason. The scenery and the trees are amazing. Ive spent 5 days wheeling there in the last 3 weeks.

I'm really bummed I didn't run into any of you guys up there yesterday. we had 5 rigs up there all day yesterday and didn't really see much of anyone other than a few quads and dirt bikes. we got to run John Bull too I definitely ad fun. Can't wait till I get to head out with you guys!

What kind of rigs did you have in your group? We had 3 xjs and 3 tjs and we didnt see one other group on John Bull.

Skwerly said:
There were only two of us in my group; myself in the Red XJ and a built grey Toyota pickup with a black camper shell sitting on 35s. VERY cool machine, that thing.

You mean this one? That thing is really nice.

Back