• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock gearing

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
whats the stock gearing in a 87? with the dana44 6cyl auto 231 didnt look at the tag but i'm gettin it.

If it has the tow package it could be 3.73

lancey3 said:
If it has the tow package it could be 3.73

Every dana 44 I have pulled from a factory tow package vehicle has been 3.54. I think 3.73 d44's may end up being a rumor.

I have seen a lot of 3.73 dana 35's from 85/86 tow package rigs.

any xj dana 44 ive ever seen has been 3.54. ive never seen a 3.73 or 3.07 though. count the ring teeth and the pinion teeth and divide worst case scenario...

I asked one of the knowlegable guys at my local jeep dealership if XJ's ever came with 3.73's. He said they neever did. Jeep did put 3.73's in some grand cherokees. This may be how the rumor started.

~Alex

alex22 said:
I asked one of the knowlegable guys at my local jeep dealership if XJ's ever came with 3.73's. He said they neever did. Jeep did put 3.73's in some grand cherokees. This may be how the rumor started.

~Alex

They did. Mostly 84-86 though.

Hmmmm, were those the CV style D30's? or did they put them in the High Pinion ones too?

Thanks for straightenig that/me out.

~Alex

Back