• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Degree of shim.....

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
I got some 3/4'' lift shackles from a friend. I also got some 2'' Lift blocks - yes, i know the cons about them.

Heres my question...We have a machine shop at my school, which is right next to our auto shop. How many degrees of an angle should i get put in the blocks, if any, to make me not have vibes?

Or does it really matter?

the shackles are gonna point your pinion up,you are gonna need to install the blocks and shackles and measure the angles, then shim accordingly, but if you do a t case drop you will prob get away with no shimming. if you want a lucky guess for the angle without a t case drop at 2.75" lift id say 2.5*, but thats a guess, fat part forward....

If you've got a machine shop, I'm going to bet you can lay your hands on an angle finder and take a quick measurement or three.

Do you have an SYE or not? With the SYE you want the pinion to point about 1-2* below the t-case output. With the stock driveshaft, you want the upper and lower u-joint angles to cancel each other.

That's the angle you want...

Jim www.yuccaman.com

No SYE for me. I wish. I can probably get my hands on an angle finder.

How would i go about measureing pinion angle? Its the angle from horizontal that the pinion points up, and then the angle from horizontal that the rear driveshaft goes down, right?

Back