• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hp dana 44 with 4 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

Jimbo_1321

NAXJA Forum User
is this possible?
I'd like to keep my current bolt pattern and swap in a front hp 44.
I know that I can get the 5 on 5.5 but yea... not so good for what I want, would it be hard to get weld up the bolt pattern on the backing plate and rotors and get them redrilled at a machine shop?
or am I just shooting for too much work?
the 44 will have to be custom anyways so I figure why not put a little more work into it...

Option 1) Find a South American (Venezuelan to be exact) XJ front D44

Option 2) Wait, and I'll tell you wait till Tuesday when I find out if Solid will make one for a reasonable price.

Use 75-79 Dodge unit bearing hubs from a 1/2 ton pickup. They come with the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern stock. They use the same inner C as the 5 on 5.5", 6 on 5.5" and 8 on 6.5" D44's do so you can upgrade by swaping out the knuckles, brakes and hubs later on.

TNT said:
Use 75-79 Dodge unit bearing hubs from a 1/2 ton pickup. They come with the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern stock. They use the same inner C as the 5 on 5.5", 6 on 5.5" and 8 on 6.5" D44's do so you can upgrade by swaping out the knuckles, brakes and hubs later on.
Hrmm.... I didn't know about the dodge bearings....

Back