• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Fan doesn't work.

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried to do some research on why my 97XJ 4.0, is running hot when the A/C is on. I have determined that the A/C fan doesn't work anymore.

I checked the fuses and they are OK. There is a relay#4 which I do not know how to check. I hate to buy a new one if I don't need it. Is there a way to check the relay?

If the relay is fine, after checking it, and both fuses are OK, then what would be the next thing to check?

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

i would check the fan itself next. remove the fan from the vehicle. place it in a position where it will not strike or suck up anything. take some wire and run it from a 12v battery to the connector. if the fan turns on, the fan is good and the problem lies elswere, if it doesnt run, then the problem is the fan.

if the fan is not the problem, a multimeter will help in diagnose where the problem lies.

hth

Back