• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R blinker stoped blinking

I think you should only turn left! :)

give us your year

on a 89 I would check bulbs, blinker relay-its a round one on the fuse panel and grounds under dash if not those check your hazard switch and least but not last your multi-function switch on the column.

Don't be surprised if the ground connection inside the socket is the problem. I've replaced both with aftermarket -which doesn't color code the running and blinker wires differently, leaving you to figure it out. They came with almost too much wire length, which is hard to stuff back in the very restrictive grille space.

TiRod said:
Don't be surprised if the ground connection inside the socket is the problem. I've replaced both with aftermarket -which doesn't color code the running and blinker wires differently, leaving you to figure it out. They came with almost too much wire length, which is hard to stuff back in the very restrictive grille space.

Thats usually what causes weird things to happen with your blinkers indicator in the dash.

Replace the socket, and enjoy working blinkers!

TiRod said:

I've done this twice to my jeep (both sides) and atleast three times to a couple of my friends XJ's. You might be able to get away with just cleaning the socket, but it seems like for the most part its corroded in a place where you can't clean it without breaking it in half.

Not the blinker module, if the left side works.

Any bad bulbs on that side of the turn signal circuit. will cause it to.

Back