• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Parts Shopping Spree

BigBlueHO

NAXJA Forum User
So I just bought a 1993 Cherokee Sport. I have had it for a week. And This is what I have done.

New front Rotors
New Front Pads
New Front Calipers
New Valve Cover Gasket
New Oil Pan Gasket
New Rear Main Seal
New T-Case
New Rear Brake Shoes
New Rear Brake Hardware Kit

Hmmm J- ust E- mpty E- very P- ocket is no joke. lol!!!1

wow, thats some list. why the new tcase? that must have been a large chunk of change.

im not sure of the condition of your "new" 93, but there are some other areas that may warrent examining/rectifying:
all fluids- coolant (color and amount), brake fluid, batt water, tranny fluid, gear oil in the diffs, etc.

you may also want to check the conditions of the underhood rubber- radiator and heater hoses, vac lines, and serp belt. check them for bulging, feeling thin when you squeeze the hoses, cracks or freying etc. you may also want to check/change the air filter too.

i know it may sound like a huge list, but its cheep insurance.

if it hasnt been done yet, i sure your radiator, water pump, hoses, will crap out around 180k, so be ready for a new cooling system soon as well

:eeek: Looks like mine needs some TLC too.....

Oh wait, after the engine oil change it's trans/t-case fluids, both diffs, new rubber brake lines, caliper rebuilds, motor and trans mounts.......

:laugh: Tranny too! Don't neglect that vtal fluid change.
If you get all that done and are still in a mood to change something, then new blinker fluid is in order! :gag:

blondejoncherokee said:
if it hasnt been done yet, i sure your radiator, water pump, hoses, will crap out around 180k, so be ready for a new cooling system soon as well
Its got 205k Someone has put a new intake manifold and alternator and battery before me.

When you go to bleed the rears, unless they've been opened recently you'll probably break the bleeder screws off. Then thats new wheel cylinders, then the friggin brake line wont unscrew so thats some flairing right there.

Why didn't you replace the drums?

89CherokeePioneer said:
When you go to bleed the rears, unless they've been opened recently you'll probably break the bleeder screws off. Then thats new wheel cylinders, then the friggin brake line wont unscrew so thats some flairing right there.

Why didn't you replace the drums?
I took it to get a brake inspection and they told me the front needed to be completely replaced and that the rear shoes were gone and the drums were good.lol yeah me friend who is a mechanic at jeep said I might need so new wheel cylinders

stewie said:
you may also want to check the conditions of the underhood rubber- radiator and heater hoses, vac lines, and serp belt. check them for bulging, feeling thin when you squeeze the hoses, cracks or freying etc. you may also want to check/change the air filter too.

Approximately how many feet of vacuum hose would it take to swap all of it? Anyone done it before? Also, is it the same size throughout?

Back