• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Livin the Low Life: 21st Cent. Off Road Tech

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
63 Impala's that can raise a tire 3-4" sitting still (tire at full droop).
86 Buicks on long arms that can raise the rear 4-5'.
Put them together and it could RTI way over 1000. This is low rider Tech.

Buggies with suck down winches that can compress the springs 6" pass for high tech in the Jeep world.

Need a volunteer to launch Off Road Technology into the future:

Take the low rider tech hydraulics to control the suspension. Add a cut down MJ chassis. Tube the chassis. Set it up with long arms and 38+ tires.

Move up to an 8' ledge. Squat the rear, raise a front corner 4 foot. Press it against the wall, suck the front up on hydraulics another 2'. Creep the front up while raising the rear 4-5'. Drive the front over the top, now lower the front and pull-climb the rear over.

Anyone live in LA (low rider & hydraulics central) with a cut down MJ they want to use to launch off road technology into the 21st century?

They would have to have a cut up MJ, awesome fabrication skills, a great shop, and be an entrepreneur with a willingness to experiment while fathering the next generation of offroad technology.

Any suggestions?

John

Last edited:
:wow:

It might be helpful if you introduce yourself and how someone could benefit.

Your post kind of looks like spam or a craigslist ad..

E

nosigma said:
Never mind then.
WOW.. And I thought guys around here were the sensitive types..

E

This is for those people who didn't get a chance to read his original post

nosigma said:
"Like Duh!" Its a West Coast Thing "for sure"

63 Impala's that can raise a tire 3-4" sitting still (tire at full droop).
86 Buicks on long arms that can raise the rear 4-5'.
Put them together and RTI way over 1000. This is SoCal low rider Tech.

Buggies with suck down winches that can compress the springs 6" pass for high tech in the Jeep world.

We need a volunteer to launch Off Road Technology into the future:

Take the low rider hydraulics to control the suspension. Add a cut down MJ chassis. Tube it. Set it up with long arms and 38+ tires.

Move up to an 8' ledge. Squat the rear, raise a front corner 4 foot. Press it against the wall, suck the front up on hydraulics another 2'. Creep the front up and lift the other side while raising the rear 4-5'. Drive the front over the top, now lower the front and pull-climb the rear over.

Anyone live in LA (low rider & hydraulics central) with an MJ they want to use to launch off road technology into the 21st century?

They would have to have a cut up MJ, awesome fabrication skills, a great shop, and be an entrepreneur with a willingness to experiment while fathering the next generation of offroad technology.

Any suggestions?

John

Ya'll had enough flames with the group buy stuff. I didnt want to get another one started. Especially since I am east now.

John

I was merely suggesting that you tell us a little bit about you, your product or project, what you're looking for. This group has a low attention span and you put a lot of words your post. (No offense to anyone here, but you guys know what I'm talking about ;) )

Just a simple:

Hi,

I'm Nosigma from VA and am looking to team up with a shop in the LA area to test or launch new suspension products. Specifically, I'm need someone who's willing to chop a MJ and who has awesome fabrication skills, a great shop, and who has the willingness to experiment while fathering the next generation of offroad technology.

We are very simple people.. :gee:

Anywho, take it with a grain of salt.

E

Last edited:
EliasJ123 said:
This group has a low attention span and you put a lot of words your post. (No offense to anyone here, but you guys know what I'm talking about ;) )

E

Hey Elias! What kind of trash talk is th.... Oh Look! A shiny new Group buy...

bburge

Not selling anything, just saw some neat west coast suspension tech on Speed Vision and imagined the possibilities.

Not everyone has an ulterior motive.

The CIA doesnt have brain probe satellites so you can take down the aluminum foil. Those belong to the NSA and they are only used OCONUS. ;)

John

i know a guy with airbag/hydro experience, who would more than likely be in on this but i would have to talk to him... and someone would have to supply the MJ. it would be tough tho because he works 80+ hours a week doing customer option installs for mercedes benz.

nosigma said:
The CIA doesnt have brain probe satellites so you can take down the aluminum foil. Those belong to the NSA and they are only used OCONUS. ;)

John

I totally disagree. :dunce: I always wear my aluminum foil hat when I go to sleep and the voices have almost stopped. :helpme:

:D

E

been done seen it down here in moab before it was on some yellow buggy thing and it ki9nda worked good but not really he had to manually control wich tire to put up and such then he had to put it back, was a long day behind him i think i would never run it at all.

O.K. I don't have a shop, I have limited tools, I work full time, and I have never worked with automotive hydraulics, but.............I have been an aircraft mechanic for 17 years and am very familiar with hydraulic systems used in aircraft, I have some experience with fabricating, and if I might say so myself, I'm a pretty smart dude. Now, if you really want to see this happen I offer my skills and some time to work on this idea. I think the idea has merit. I suggest looking for a corporate sponsor who stands to benefit from the development of the technology. I am not being a smartass, I honestly think there is something there. If you find you are able to move forward with this idea, please let me know.

Hey John, Aren't you guys gonna move back to socal soon?

Kyung

I remember seeing pics and video of a guy that used a tractor style setup that had hydraulic arms that the wheels were on...It was a heavy POS and apparently had leaks all the time. Combine the auto-adjust functionality of a Land Rover Air system with manual controls. If it done right, it could be very cool.

EliasJ123 said:
:wow:

It might be helpful if you introduce yourself and how someone could benefit.

Your post kind of looks like spam or a craigslist ad..

E
Nosigma is John. He used to reside in San Diego area till he had to move back East (work related). He used to frequent our events on somewhat regular basis while he was here.

I recall a FJ40 that someone had installed a fully independent suspension from a Gamma Goat along with air shocks. He can pick up a tire a good 2 feet while sitting still. In fact in the picture that was used as a lead in to the article, that'show he's sitting. Took me a couple days to figure out that his tire was indeed in the air and not on a dirt mound...:D He has it all rigged to a joystick. Not sure exactly how the controls worked though.

Back