• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Truss

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Who out there other than TNTcustoms makes a Dana 30 Truss.......looking to see what options I have!
thanks

crazyjim said:

I agree, but just threw it out there. If it didn't have "Rusty's" lazer cut into it, it would be worth more!

I had forgotten about RuffStuff, I would go with that one on the rear.

Depends on what you wanna do. Do you want a full length truss that gives you new UCA mounts or just a piece of plate that welds in between the stock mounts. I just got the Rustys truss cause I wasnt looking for a crazy over the axle setup. $25 and if you can deal with the logo cut into it then it works fine. Ive since dropped the axle on a few things that would have otherwise done serious damage and it has held up.

Last edited:
AZCA jeeper said:
Don't mean to be ignorant, but what are trusses for? I just don't understand the logic behind them.

They keep your axle from smiling at you.

I have the TnT truss with the upper tracbar mount. I had to redrill the tracbar hole to fit a 1/2 bolt and also had to trim some of the passenger side upper CA mount. It was binding on the arm.

tcm glx said:
Who out there other than TNTcustoms makes a Dana 30 Truss.......looking to see what options I have!
thanks
you could always go custom bottom mount truss, I got our housing from Clive but Curt LeDuc built it if you want to really spend a bit of coin, they did a superb job on it! I can get some pics if you haven't already taken care of it.

Skullvarian said:
you could always go custom bottom mount truss, I got our housing from Clive but Curt LeDuc built it if you want to really spend a bit of coin, they did a superb job on it! I can get some pics if you haven't already taken care of it.

Post up Chris...lets see some pics!

I noticed most of racer/ prerunners run bottom mount truss while rock crawlers run them top mounted, other than clearance what are the pros/cons of both setups ?

That is the con, clearance.
Off road you need more clearance at the bottom of the axle. Heck I've been Baja trucks with truss top and bottom (kinda pointless I think but what do I know).

Of all the offerings I've seen, TnT seems like the best.

Pharaoh XJ said:
I noticed most of racer/ prerunners run bottom mount truss while rock crawlers run them top mounted, other than clearance what are the pros/cons of both setups ?

The only con to a bottom mounted truss is loss of ground clearance.

The only con to a top mounted truss is that they aren't as "strong" as a bottom mounted truss.

completely heli-arc welded chromolly plate and tube. A real nice piece of craftsmanship! It is set-up for a coilover and a bypass shock but I shouldn't have too much trouble converting it back to a single shock and coil spring.

good luck!

DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0981.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

Skullvarian said:
completely heli-arc welded chromolly plate and tube. A real nice piece of craftsmanship! It is set-up for a coilover and a bypass shock but I shouldn't have too much trouble converting it back to a single shock and coil spring.

good luck!

DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0981.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

Holy Batman, those are nice! Where are the coil bucket mounts?

tcm glx said:
Holy Batman, those are nice! Where are the coil bucket mounts?

Skullvarian said:
It is set-up for a coilover and a bypass shock but I shouldn't have too much trouble converting it back to a single shock and coil spring.

There ya go :D

Back