• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost

Fourxfour79

NAXJA Forum User
Just got done with a budget boost and I couldn't be happier! The suspension is not stiff at all when coupled with Rancho RS 5000's. Thanx to everyone for the great input on previous threads! Who would have thought that one could get the info they need from searching?! :)DAn

I love mine. I used the Performance 4x4 2.5" spacers and a full length Triangle Spring add-a-leaf on my 88 2-door. I am running 32x11.50s, and do not rub except at full flex...fenders will be hacked accordingly.

no pics?

Sorry no pics folks I have to use internet at friends places and library. She's just a grocery getter to begin with and I doubt i'll be doing much wheeling in the near future. I used to have a wrangler that was as much wheeler as a DD and didn't care for all the compromises I had to make. Perhaps one day I'll get back into it a build something up...I was thinking a celica with a jeep drive train and an 8.8 rear :)
Anyway, I went up about 2" and I'm just running a set 235/75/r15's . It was mainly to unfrown my springs in the rear so it'll probably settle abit as time goes on. The springs were from a junkyard xj with unhappy springs as well so I think that may have something to do with the ride being better than I've heard some people experience with the BB. It took about 6 hours by my self total work time (not including chow breaks).
Now that that's done, I'm moving on to the next project, probably the getting the A/C to blow cold again or to throw in a ford rear. Money's tight as with every other Jeep owner so I'm a simple and cheap fix kinda guy :)

But thanks again for all the help and the great write ups! This is a really great website with awesome resources!

liliysdad said:
I love mine. I used the Performance 4x4 2.5" spacers and a full length Triangle Spring add-a-leaf on my 88 2-door. I am running 32x11.50s, and do not rub except at full flex...fenders will be hacked accordingly.

That's good if it's true but I've got 4.5" lift and 265/75-16's and I rub quite often, I will be toing some trimming also! :peace:

The only rub I get is at full flex on the trailing edge of he front fenders. My rear doesn't flex enough to really stuff the tires, but I get some slight rub on the inside lip. I have already trimmed one rear, and it took care of the rub. I get some rub on the control arms at full lock, and I need to adjust the stops out a bit.

The rear springs are from a 93 4-door that was in very good shape, with no sag. I added the Triangle add-a-leaf that I had laying around, no ideas on the specs, but its full length, and a bit stiff.

The fronts are also from the same 4-door, and also had no sag. I have not yet hacked the front, but am going to do some pretty liberal trimming on the fronts. As soon as these 32s are done, the Jeep will get 33s, and an 8.8 rear with 4.88s. I already have the 8.8 sitting here, and a non-disco front Dana 30 with the 297X joints out of the above mentioned 93.

Back