• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guys looking for a OE bolt on 2.5" catalytic converter

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
92xj 4.0

did a little bit if digging at work and found that a 78 cherokee cat (carquest #642647 application #101732) has the same flange as my 92 but it's 2.5". even takes the same gasket and everything. i believe walk in price was about 120 bucks (80 with discount). just bolted one onto the jeep along with a 2.5" xcelerator muffler and dynomax 2.5" tailpipe. lets just say i'm very very pleased.

hoping some of you guys might find this useful. it sure made things a lot easier and cleaner. you look under it and it looks factory

i was standing around between phone calls at work thinking about my jeep like usual. i thought, "it'd be nice if someone made a bigger cat that would just bolt up." started thumbing through some spec books and bam.

i want to mate this up to a pacesetter with the whole downtube and flange after i get the last bits i need to start the 4.7L. it'd be true 2.5" exhaust.

IMG00263.jpg

IMG00264.jpg

Last edited:
Back