• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal at Fall Fling

Jump This

Just another minion!
Or is it SoCal at 25th Anniversary of the Cherokee fling?

I have been asked to handle a BBQ on Saturday night. I know that the socal crowd is involved with much of the Fall Fling events, and asking for any more help might be too much....but...
:D
If anyone is interested in helping me out it would be appreciated.
It will be a basic hot dog, hot links, hamberger meal (chips, beans, etc.)
all at the Slickrock campground.

Post up here if you can help out.

Rick

I know how to cook... what else do you need?

Brendan_91XJ said:
I know how to cook... what else do you need?

I think I just need the people to commit to help.
The food will be ordered and I'll pick it up in Moab the day of the event.
Help setting up tables, BBQ's cutting condom mints, serving etc.

So you in Brendan?

Condom mints?!?

I was planning on leaving Moab Saturday morning. So I'm useless.

xjohnnyc said:
Condom mints?!?

I was planning on leaving Moab Saturday morning. So I'm useless.

That is kinda' the reason for a Saturday night BBQ.
Something for those who can only make it for the weekend.
Lots of people need to leave saturday in order to make it back to
work on Monday....
Since I don't work (much) I plan on sticking around until Sunday..or Monday...maybe even Tuesday..

:D

I'm trying to get someone to help split costs. So, who's planning on having a broken jeep at that time? :) I'll help if I go.

Oh, it's the SocalXJ 1st annual fall fling right?? :)

markw said:
I'm trying to get someone to help split costs. So, who's planning on having a broken jeep at that time? :) I'll help if I go.

Oh, it's the SocalXJ 1st annual fall fling right?? :)

Careful Mark....we are already looked at with a cautious eye...

:eyes:

Jump This said:
I have been asked to handle a BBQ on Saturday night.
Which Saturday? October 4th, when most people have not yet arrived or October 11th when many people have already left to head home?

Not trying to bust your balls, but really trying to figure out the wisdom of a BBQ on a Saturday night.

Maybe we can get some pickles there..... LOL You knew someone would bring it up....

I am planning on being in Moab some of the time, but not exactly sure of the schedule yet. if I am there for this BBQ, I will help out.

I'm only there Monday-Friday so I guess I'm of no use. I can bring shit and leave it for the BBQ though.

Andy Steiner said:
Which Saturday? October 4th, when most people have not yet arrived or October 11th when many people have already left to head home?

Not trying to bust your balls, but really trying to figure out the wisdom of a BBQ on a Saturday night.

Oh god not the same discussion I've been hearing for the past five years!!!!!!!

Rick, I'm not going to help you!

Not gonna be there, damn kids!

Andy Steiner said:

11th. Didn't I already post the 'reason' somewhere....let me take a loooook...
Yeah, post #5.....

I have reservations at Slickrock Tues thru Sat, am planning on being there. My first time to Moab. Unless something huge comes up, I'll help out.

In theory, I'm riding out with Cracker.

If we're still there, I'll help.

Jump This said:
I think I just need the people to commit to help.
The food will be ordered and I'll pick it up in Moab the day of the event.
Help setting up tables, BBQ's cutting condom mints, serving etc.

So you in Brendan?

IN!

Jump This said:

Goatman said:
... BTW, as part of the marketing for the event, can you all refer to the event as the 25th anniversary event rather than the Fall Fling. There is no Fall Fling this year, and we need to continually emphasize that this is a real special event.

;)

Back