• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrangler style doors on an xj?

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone had this done to their jeep? i've had an epiphany and want to run something similar on my xj. vinyl doors, zip windows, detachable, etc. i think it'd look pretty sick.

There are a few companies that make tube doors for XJ's but I have never seen a door with zip up windows.

People also make half doors with a spare set of doors so this could be something you could do also.

-Alex

i've seen those. they look great, don't get me wrong. but what i really want are wrangler style doors. i've never seen it. if you can dream it, you can do it right?

thanks for that link man. i think i'm gonna tackle this and try to build my own. it really doesn't look too hard.

That's a project that's been on my list for a while, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I do like the idea of a magnetic flap to go to the inside of the fender though.

someone on here has done it. They used the factory doors, cut them, and (IIRC) had a fabric piece of some kind that snapped on. If you search some you may find it.

incrediblehulk did it

that look good. but imo, it looks easier to make those doors from scratch. i also like the idea of keeping my stock doors if i wanna throw em back on in the winter. i'll keep you guys updated on this project.

Back