• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy PowerTrax No-Slip

Daedalus454

NAXJA Forum User
Well Aaron and I discovered that the spider gears in my 8.25" are pretty well shot, so rather than buy new spider gears I thought I would go ahead and put in a lunchbox locker. As far as I know the PowerTrax No-Slip is the only lunchbox available for the 29-spline 8.25".

I called Dirk at DPG but he told me that he no longer carries them. So where is a good place to get them from?

Thanks.

check with summit racing. I cant find it on their site but they do carry powertrax and might have one

Damn Daniel, you're on a spending spree. Wasn't it just a few months ago when you ran Gold Mountain in a stock open/open rig?

Guess you caught the bug. See what a bad influence we can be? :laugh3:

Daedalus454 said:
Well Aaron and I discovered that the spider gears in my 8.25" are pretty well shot, so rather than buy new spider gears I thought I would go ahead and put in a lunchbox locker. As far as I know the PowerTrax No-Slip is the only lunchbox available for the 29-spline 8.25".

I called Dirk at DPG but he told me that he no longer carries them. So where is a good place to get them from?

Thanks.

I did the same thing before I did an axle swap. I got mine from a local shop. Uncle Greg (you prob have no clue who that is, but some will) hooked me up with a take out. Saved myself about a hundred bucks.

"Pretty well shot" huh? How shot were yours?

I'd say mine were shot... to hell

http://www.mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/pics/locker/

xjohnnyc said:
Damn Daniel, you're on a spending spree. Wasn't it just a few months ago when you ran Gold Mountain in a stock open/open rig?

Guess you caught the bug. See what a bad influence we can be? :laugh3:
Heh, every time I "upgrade" one thing it just brings to light three more things that need to be fixed, and while it's apart I may as well put in an "upgrade," right?

This week was no exception, I regeared to 4.56s in preparation for 33s, and found that my rear spider gears were shot, my front driveshaft needs to be rebuilt, and my T-case makes a funny noise at speed. And I've already blown my Jeep budget for the month on gears.

Good thing I'm single with cheap (for SoCal) rent and a good job.

Dan, get on the internet and look around to see who has the best price (I think Rocky Road Outfitters had the best price) factor in shipping and wether or not there would be sales tax (out of state?) and go to 4Wheel Parts and they'll match and/or beat it. I paid $430 for my D44 Track Loc version.......they had it listed for about $470 (plus tax!) Now, if my D44 had the right Track Loc carrier...........that's another story!----------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Dan, get on the internet and look around to see who has the best price (I think Rocky Road Outfitters had the best price) factor in shipping and wether or not there would be sales tax (out of state?) and go to 4Wheel Parts and they'll match and/or beat it. I paid $430 for my D44 Track Loc version.......they had it listed for about $470 (plus tax!) Now, if my D44 had the right Track Loc carrier...........that's another story!----------Hans
http://www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html ---------Hans

Back