• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi Lift mounting points????

redkling

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a place to mount my Hi Lift (its a 48") on a my stock bodied 1995 XJ. Any ideas?

1000622smallgd8.jpg

I had mine on the back bumper for a while I liked it but it does get dirty and not work so well if it is mounted anywhere on the outside

click to enlarge

definately find a place to mount it on the inside of the jeep. It may not look as cool but will be 100% easier to work with clean.

I have mine "Mounted" across the rear of the back seat. Actually its wedged in there, really... Secure, stays clean, and youd never know it was there if you didnt open the back hatch and look.

GP MEHRD said:
definately find a place to mount it on the inside of the jeep. It may not look as cool but will be 100% easier to work with clean.

I fully agree

I have mine under the back seat; I just took the foot off, separated the ratchet portion from the ladder and it fits perfectly.

My last Jeep I had it mounted to the front bumper and the 1st time I went to use it was rusted and inoperable; I had to disassemble and rebuild it and decided to never put it outside again.

I mount mine on my roof rack. I havent had any problems with it not working. I just keep it oiled and its only mounted when I go off road so most of its life, it lives in the garage.
I dont think theres anything wrong with mounting it outside as long as you give it basic maintenance and dont keep it there and forget about it.

AnzaJeep said:
I have mine under the back seat; I just took the foot off, separated the ratchet portion from the ladder and it fits perfectly.

My last Jeep I had it mounted to the front bumper and the 1st time I went to use it was rusted and inoperable; I had to disassemble and rebuild it and decided to never put it outside again.

If you could please post some picks asap...........

I plan on going this route

http://www.formattfab.com/
Click Products, formatt signature, hi-lift mount

click through the pictures. it keeps the hi-lift inside and mounts along the back of the rear seat.

I like this does anyone have this, if so how do they like it?????

Last edited:
Idiot Wind said:
I plan on going this route

http://www.formattfab.com/
Click Products, formatt signature, hi-lift mount

click through the pictures. it keeps the hi-lift inside and mounts along the back of the rear seat.

How much does it icut into spare tire room? It looks like you wouldnt have room to carry any kind of full sized spare in the factory location.

Ray H said:
How much does it icut into spare tire room? It looks like you wouldnt have room to carry any kind of full sized spare in the factory location.
I recall reading that you can still maintain the full size spare. Just to be sure, I have an email into him. I will update this thread when I hear back.

Unless Im mistaken, Its not bolted at the top. It rests on the grab handle and its bolted at the bottom.

i was pondering something along the lines of these last 2. what about making mounts for it that go on the inside along the edge of the roof line to keep it out of the way of other cargo? i would do this and post pics of it... buuuuut i don't have a hi-lift. if someone wants to donate one to the cause i'd be willing to accept it... :anon:

Mine is now mounted inside just cause it is easier and I don't have to worry about locking it. It is on a homemade rack though

click to enlarge

Back