• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubi Flares on a XJ

PstrKd4BrthCntrll

NAXJA Forum User
My Most recent mod

Step One: take off factory flare
RiketsRubiFlaresInstall.jpg

Step Two: Mask off fender and hold up flare to fender and draw an outline of the bottom inside of the flare
RiketsRubiFlaresInstall2.jpg

Step Three: Take fenders off of Jeep
IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

Step Four: Cut along the outline with a die grinder[or saws all]
IMG_5774.jpg

Step Five: Hold flare up to fender, check for proper fit, and trim as necessary
IMG_5775.jpg

Step Six: Hold flare up to fender and marker where to drill holes

Step Seven: Cut out lower body line in the flare[yet to be done] to match the lower body line in the fender

Step Eight: Drill holes and install bolts and nuts
IMG_5777.jpg

Step Nine: Tap new turn signal wires with factory turn signal wires.[I still need to do this]

Step Ten: Install Fenders
IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

NOTE: When doing the drivers side, make sure to bolt the flare on from the inside out!!! If not, the bolts[if they are long-ish like mine, will contact the washer bottle on 97+ models and not go on. Also it would suck to rest the flare up into a tree and crack the washer bottle.
IMG_5785.jpg

tested them out at the cliffs yesterday!! they did awesome! had a little trouble in the creek and the front tires kicked up a good amount of water but it didn't get inside the open windows,...

IMG_5833.jpg

Only problem i had with them is that i got rid of the inner fender liner and that protected stuff from getting into the door jamb so now I gotta think of something to block the passage way
IMG_5837.jpg

PstrKd4BrthCntrll said:
Only problem i had with them is that i got rid of the inner fender liner and that protected stuff from getting into the door jamb so now I gotta think of something to block the passage way
IMG_5837.jpg

Foam pool noodle painted black

Oh, and nice job. I've got regular TJ rear flares up front on mine. Love them.

yellowta said:
Foam pool noodle painted black

Oh, and nice job. I've got regular TJ rear flares up front on mine. Love them.

Make it a third person. I did exactly that with rear TJ flares in the front (didn't want the marker light) and it keeps all of the crud out of the door jamb. trim to length and stuff them up there, hit the edges with expanding aerosol foam to seal the edges and hold them in place, spray paint black and you're good to go. I touch up the black every now and then so I don't have purple and yellow respectively showing from the noodles.

fubar XJ said:
Make it a third person. I did exactly that with rear TJ flares in the front (didn't want the marker light) and it keeps all of the crud out of the door jamb. trim to length and stuff them up there, hit the edges with expanding aerosol foam to seal the edges and hold them in place, spray paint black and you're good to go. I touch up the black every now and then so I don't have purple and yellow respectively showing from the noodles.

I used pink because I'm secure enough in my masculinity. I did paint them black though, but only to match my soul.

TJflares004.jpg

TJflares005.jpg

TJflares003.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice, I have tj front and rear flares and they do a great job keepin some of the water out of the windows (with 13.50 wide tires it was a problem before putting these on) Good idea with the noodles, I shud do that, might keep some snow out next winter lol

Back