• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP WITH FLOOR PANS

boatmoter

NAXJA Forum User
Help Please looking to replace the floor pans in my 87 ranger, whats my steps on removing the old floor pans and my steps for installing the new ones??
I never have done this before,but with tech info I believe I can do it..:rattle:

sorry,closest thing I seen to floor pans on all the pics were the seats out.. mine has bunches of holes in the sides and one large hole in the bottom center of the pans,a bunch around the size of a pencil eraser around where the floor pans are attached to the body and a large one in the center..however if a pro tells me that its a large job, I will start repairing instead.. I have my seat and carpet out,and the floor pans are also add strength to the body,I do have a V-8 in it.. what Im hopeing is a pro will tell me that I can lay new pans down on top of the old ones and weld in..

boatmoter said:
sorry,closest thing I seen to floor pans on all the pics were the seats out.. mine has bunches of holes in the sides and one large hole in the bottom center of the pans,a bunch around the size of a pencil eraser around where the floor pans are attached to the body and a large one in the center..however if a pro tells me that its a large job, I will start repairing instead.. I have my seat and carpet out,and the floor pans are also add strength to the body,I do have a V-8 in it.. what Im hopeing is a pro will tell me that I can lay new pans down on top of the old ones and weld in..

Still think it would be easier/ cheaper to just slap in pieces. I cut out all the rust and riveted in pieces until my floor was solid then rhino-lined the inside to seal it and add more strength. Just an Idea. I don't see why you couldn't just weld a new pan on top, just make sure you get all the rust out or it will just spread to your new pan.

boatmoter said:
Help Please looking to replace the floor pans in my87 ranger, whats my steps on removing the old floor pans and my steps for installing the new ones??
I never have done this before,but with tech info I believe I can do it..:rattle:

Why are you posting Ford stuff on a Jeep only website.....

Blaine B. said:
Yeah, it's probably easier to just cut out the rusted spots. If you want it to be as as strong as new, weld the new plates down instead of using rivits or screws.

thanks.. thats what I was wanting to hear...:wave1:

boatmoter said:
floor pans are floor pans.. why are you getting so testy?? you don't have a life??

Not testy, just thought it was odd that a Ford question was posted on a site that has really nothing to do with fords....

As for the floor pans and repair/replacement, welding is the way to go. It's far to easy for a screw to rip out of metal....

boatmoter said:
floor pans are floor pans.. why are you getting so testy?? you don't have a life??

dont be a dick....oh and and go to a ford website,or use the search function this has been covered to death.

Last edited:
Back