• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift kits for the money?

poorboy_616

NAXJA Forum User
Before you :flame: me, I did search. But found no conclusive evidence.....

After seeing the big boys play on the rocks today, I have gotten an official case of inchitis....

What would be the best 2-3 Inch lift for the money.

Trailmaster makes a spacer/shackle kit that will boost it 2 inches and a full on 3" lift that uses AAL's. I dont want to sacrice flex or ride for this lift....

Skyjacker also produces a lift, as well as a few others.

Which one is your guy's is the better one in your opinion(s)?

Last edited:
V8 Grand Cherokee front springs, 2" spacer.

Lift shackle, and S10 main, XJ main and second, or Dakota main leaf added. Skimp out on a block. Add a shim if necessary.

Re-drill TB over on bracket on axle.

Used LCA's.

As far a shocks, get some made for the amount of lift you end up with. Cheap ones will work.

If you absolutely cannot sacrifice ride quality, Rubicon Express Super Ride is the best way to go.

dard1324 said:
If you absolutely cannot sacrifice ride quality, Old Man Emu is the best way to go.

Fixed it for you....

I don't want any stiffer ride than what it't got. Plus I want flex too.....

I think I am going to go with a budget boost as that is what I can afford at the moment.

My stimulus check is going toawrds bills.....

A budget boost is a good start. Check around for used spacers and shackles to get one cheaper.

Don't worry soon it will not be enough lift. :D

So to grow a bit more on the cheap, follow CanMan advice about the bastard leaf pack for the rear. More thin flexy leaves is better. Each leaf give it's thickness plus some lift. Search on S-10 leafs to get more info.

Watch for used coils for the front. And control arms if needed.

You night be able to get to 3" or so without running into to many other issues. Like drive line vibes. But there is the cheap solution there to, t-case drop. For that make you own. 1" square tube, drill some holes and add longer bolts.

It's not to bad to start out going cheap like this. Just research it a bit and you can get a pretty good lift. That way you will have saved money for when you eventually want to lift to the 4-5"+ range and do it right.

It will stay as a budget boost for some time, as the build will be in stages.

My main limiting factor is budget, of which their is little to none.....

Hence the budget boost.....

S-10's are a dime a dozem in my local bonyard, so bastard packs wouldn't be an issue, the Grand Cherokee coils are the problem, there just aren't any in this area. I'm not goona spend the money for gas just to drive to Portland, Oregon to get my coils.

That is why I think I may get the Trailmaster boost kit. Even though it's an AAL rear, I think it might do just fine for the wheeling I do. Besides, if it rides stiffer (it's already got stiff shocks on it), Oh, well.....

poorboy_616 said:
It will stay as a budget boost for some time, as the build will be in stages.

My main limiting factor is budget, of which their is little to none.....

Hence the budget boost.....

S-10's are a dime a dozem in my local bonyard, so bastard packs wouldn't be an issue, the Grand Cherokee coils are the problem, there just aren't any in this area. I'm not goona spend the money for gas just to drive to Portland, Oregon to get my coils.

That is why I think I may get the Trailmaster boost kit. Even though it's an AAL rear, I think it might do just fine for the wheeling I do. Besides, if it rides stiffer (it's already got stiff shocks on it), Oh, well.....

Not that I recommend it, but I have seen where people have used the plastic cutting boards to make spacers by cutting them and glueing them together to obtain desired height. I have never seen it done personally, but I would imagine it could be done either poorly or well depending on how much time you want to put into it............just another cheap option.

OME all the way.

Thanks for the info....

I heard a rumor that my local Boneyard has a 1994 Grand Cherokee V8 in.....

So if I can weasel the money, I can at least get the parts together a little at a time.....

I just got a 3.5" RE super ride kit w/RE shocks and holy crap what a nice ride! Ended up with about 4-4.25" actual inches of lift, but I'm told at least .25" will settle out of it.

hmmmmmm......

If I could get rid of the nonejarring ride this thing has, I would be much happier....

If I can afford it, I would love go with an actuall full lift, but I think a BB (as said before) will have to suffice.....

Back