• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex joint in the down pipe?

hollyxj

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed my exhaust manifold was cracked the other day, after reading I think I am going for the apn's. I was looking at these
http://www.racepartsdirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=265_1055&products_id=4480
but I can see the flex joint on the the end cylinders only making a hell of a lot of difference.

A few of the threads ppl suggested putting in a flex joint in the down pipe. Has any one done this? If you have could you post some pics and part#'s? pls.

I just got my APN on and really like it. I also changed out the motor mounts to Brown Dogs. i will be looking at doing the down pipe in a flex joint to save on movement and a new header. I am very interested in the responses on this!

It was mostly due to clearance issues with my *unconventional* arrangement of stuff underneath, but I'm running a flexible coupling after the manifold:

DSC01617.JPG

A side benefit is that you can hard-mount the rest of your exhaust, getting rid of any rattles and such that tend to happen. I'm running the stock '94 manifold, crack-free for 175,000 miles. Of course, only 2,000 of that has been set up this way, but still...

Back