• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

craigs broken down need help with a code

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Hey guys. Craig (cds36) just called. He is at the jeep dealer with a bad code. The jeep won't start and its throwing out a 1 2 5 5 code.
Anyone know what that is?

The "Key Tricks"
Older (OBDI) models - Start with the ignition off. Within five seconds, switch the key on, off, on, off, on. ("On" is NOT "Start" and "Off" is NOT "Lock"). The "check engine" light will flash. Count the flashes. Each code is a two digit code, so a (for example) 23 would be FLASH FLASH (pause) FLASH FLASH FLASH (long pause). It will never flash more than 9 times, so watch for those pauses!

that would be 12 55. battery or computer recently disconnected/end of codes

After a fun filled day I cant figure it out. Well first of alll i went to Jeep dealership for a nonrelated part. I get there and parts is closed. So i get back in the jeep and no start. It cranks but when it fires it like stumbles as if only running on 2 or 3 cyclinders. and this time it didnt fires at all just cranked. This has happened before not the first time. I have replace

1. 2 new CPS sensors
2. New Fuel Filter
3. New distributer cap
4. New Wires
5. New Spark Plugs
6. New ignition coil
7 ordered new tps

Now after the first time i was on my way to barstow stopped to get gas and it wouldnt start would crank but no fire. So After a while maybe hour I tried disconnecting the battery and started it, it stumbled then fired right up. so got it home repleced the new cps with another new one and worked fine till yesturday. It seems like when it gets hot is when it does it. I thought because it started when i unlugged the battery it was definatly a sensor, but then i thought well shit maybe its a heat related thing .

So anyways back to my story...
So im sitting at a jeep dealership broke down all the techs are gone for the day. im trying to start the heep and i dont hear a fuel pump prime. This is after disconnecting the battery multiple times. No Prime so i figure shit the fuel pump is out. Durning this time my cell phone was like turning on and off piece of shit, so i threw the fucking thing against the wall smashing it to little bits, being fustrated. And filthy dirty. So i wait 2 hours for a friends to pick my ass up with a new fuel pump. With my 5yo daughter asking me 2 millions questions ever minute. If there ever was a time to test my patience it was yesturday and boy did she test the living hell out of it lol.Luckily we stayed inside where it was cool. Friend gets there with pump in hand, Put it in and it fired right up. Take it back home, turn it off, then try to start it again same fuckin thing, Jesus Fu__in christ!!!!!

so im gonna wait for the Tps which is on back order.
Also gonna try maybe a new Mapp sensor, and new coolant sensor. Just going to try to replace all the sensors. I have been reading ever thread here on naxja about this problem. Freakin pulling my hair out ......Just gonna go down the line replacing things...

Shoot other than that had a great fu__in Day !!!

Last edited:
Dammmm Craig, sorry I couldnt get to you yesterday......

tcm glx said:
Dammmm Craig, sorry I couldnt get to you yesterday......

Thanks Tone not your problem Just got fustrated lol and the heat didnt help along with my daughter who I Love to Death but godd damm she bugged the shit out if me ...

HAHA you get to go through that very soon !!!!!

But i willl say thanks to you for posting it up and having a answer so fast you guys ROCK !!! I asked a guy back there i thought was a tech about the codes he was duhhhh i dont know what a code is lol ...... Good LOrd !!! He was just a guy who washed Cars lol I found out later haha

cds36 said:
But i willl say thanks to you for posting it up and having a answer so fast you guys ROCK !!! I asked a guy back there i thought was a tech about the codes he was duhhhh i dont know what a code is lol ...... Good LOrd !!! He was just a guy who washed Cars lol I found out later haha

What dealer where you at?

Hey Craig it sounds kinda dumb but are you sure the ballast resistor for the fuel pump is ok? our 90 did what you explain and I bypassed the resistor and have zero recurrence.

Gerr said:
Hey Craig it sounds kinda dumb but are you sure the ballast resistor for the fuel pump is ok? our 90 did what you explain and I bypassed the resistor and have zero recurrence.

I'm not sure that HO's have ballast resistors.

Too bad it's not a Renix. You can run a Renix on nothing more than a 9V battery and a paperclip!

GSequoia said:
I'm not sure that HO's have ballast resistors.

Too bad it's not a Renix. You can run a Renix on nothing more than a 9V battery and a paperclip!
my 93 and 95 both had them on the fire wall the renix has them on the drivers inner fender. I still say it is a useless part

GrimmJeeper said:
my 95 does not have one as far as i can tell. if so ive never been able to find it.
Hmm I know it was on my 95 when I bought it because I had to plug the wires in to drive it home from the lady that sold it to me. But I think it was a early/mid 94 build date so maybe it had some left overs from the 94's I didnt keep it long enough to try and do much with it, I parted a good amount of it off and sold it to another member for them to continue parting it out since it had serious rust issues

Try switching out the ASD (auto shutdown) relay in the PDC. I believe if that doesn't work then you get no power to the fuel pump, coil, and sensors. Just going off the top of my head here so I could be a little off.

Back