• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts and Prayers

Jeep Couple

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask all of you to keep some of my friends in your prayers.

Some of you may have heard about the car accident on the 5 fwy this morning. A drunk driver was driving Northbound in the Southbound lanes and hit them head on. Two of my friends were killed instantly. The other two were rushed to USC medical center where they are both in Critical condition. One of them has two broken arms, two broken wrists, 4 broken ribs and 2 bruised ones, a broken collarbone and a punctured lung.

I'm not sure what injuries Jeremy ( the other one at USC) sustained but I know he is in much worse condition. My friend started to tell me but I stopped him after he told me he was missing an eye. We are still pulling for both Kid and Jeremy to pull through but only time will tell.

Thank you,
Nick

That's awful, and my thoughts will be with you and your friends.

Folks, this is why we don't drink and drive.

kristuphir said:
That's awful, and my thoughts will be with you and your friends.

Folks, this is why we don't drink and drive.

Thank you! It's greatly appreciated!

I agree, you don't realize how tragic things like this are until they happen to someone close to you.

Don't drink and drive!!!

Jeep Couple said:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask all of you to keep some of my friends in your prayers.

Some of you may have heard about the car accident on the 5 fwy this morning. A drunk driver was driving Northbound in the Southbound lanes and hit them head on. Two of my friends were killed instantly. The other two were rushed to USC medical center where they are both in Critical condition. One of them has two broken arms, two broken wrists, 4 broken ribs and 2 bruised ones, a broken collarbone and a punctured lung.

I'm not sure what injuries Jeremy ( the other one at USC) sustained but I know he is in much worse condition. My friend started to tell me but I stopped him after he told me he was missing an eye. We are still pulling for both Kid and Jeremy to pull through but only time will tell.

Thank you,
Nick

You got it Nick, Your friends will be in our family prayers

Yep, my thoughts and prayers are with them, the sad part about most of these incidents is the drunk usually lives with only minor injuries. Hope they will be alright!!

prayers out to them and there family...

Damn. Sorry to hear it Nick. I'm pulling for them as well.

Sorry to hear, and my prayers are with them. I was once in a head-on wrong side of freeway driving accident with my Jeep and and barely escaped it. I was close enough that my Jeep got showered with glass and metal as I was getting the hell out of the way. It was scary for sure, and the things I saw afterwards aren't fit to be reapeated here. Details for a campfire story.

Our prayers and thouhgts go out to you and your friends. That is an unnecessary tragedy.

DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!

You and your friends in my prayers...I am really sorry to hear about it.

I would agree on the dont drink and drive.

I was very fortunate to get a DUI about a year ago. The reason I say fortunate was because I got pulled over for driving under the influence, no accident or anything like that. Let eme share just how bad this type of thing is. When you get a DUI, you automatically loose your lic for 30 days, completely suspended, and then typically another 5 months of limited driving, to and from work only. You also get an automatic night in the slammer, and the ticket itself is a misdemeanor. You will 99% most likely be sentanced to atend a AA program that last 16 weeks, and to top it off, this misdemeanor stays on your record for 10 years now. Oh, and if you think it is cheap......plan on spending a minimum of $5000k.

One last thing, if you are drinking and driving, and you happend to hurt someone, and hurt can be as simple as a slight cut or bruise on the forehead, the charge automatically becomes a felony.

Now, I am not trying to preach here guys.....I have driven after having drank a few....but the dui taught me my lesson, so I thought I would share for anyone that would want to read.

Anyways, enough of my blabbing.....prayers for those injured and those that passed away.

Last edited:
prayers

Done

My family's thoughts and prayers for your friends also. Keep us posted on their condition.
My son is a FF/Medic with Murietta FD, I've heard way too many of these kind of stories.

Back