• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase linkage

bluedevils278

NAXJA Forum User
This is really going to need a picture to explain can someone tell me how to post a picture?
Okay, I've done some searching around, but haven't come across anything quite like my situation. The best way to describe what happened is that while driving down the road, my transfer blew up and the half of where the front drive shaft connected to it is completely gone. I'm not sure what part of the linkage it took with it or if any seeing as how I've never done this before. I got a new tcase and have it installed. The new tcase has a bar that is supposed to hook up to the linkage that is there, but I have no idea where to start here or even if I have enough to work with. Also, I got a 01 tcase and the Jeep is a 97, so the speedo sensor is different, anyone know if I can use the sensor out of the old sensor?
I6, np231, aw4
Any help is appreciated.

I have this pick from a 96 with an AW4 if it helps. I took it to help me remember how to put everything back together.

P3090002.jpg

Yeh I've gotten over the initial shock of the $200 tow bill and the $400 tcase and I'm now trying to get this thing back. I know $400 is very steep, but it's all I could find locally....

There's always this option. NOVAK

I know it's more money, but those mounts are pretty beat. To repair, it looks like you'll need a new linkage, plus drilling out rivits and using bolts to hold it on. To do it right, that means pulling the carpet, which means gutting the interior...

$140 doesn't look so bad.

Steve

Back