• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need your guys opinions

XJjusto

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I’m new on here and looking to get your opinions. I went to go check out an 95 XJ 4.0 H.O auto w OD w 142k Tow package.

garage kept clean paint, interior was in decent shape The AC still blows nice an cold new alpine CD player. Basically a soccer mom XJ. The exhaust manifold was replaced a few months back.

One thing wrong with it the gauges jump up and down. What do u guys think is wrong with the gauges? And it has an overhead console that displays the temp that is also wacky. all the lights work.

The guy wanted $3500 I got him down to $3000 he’s giving me 24hrs to think about buying the cherokee.

7101909307.244465530.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

so what do you guys think?

offer him 2 to 2300. around 180k youll prob need a new radiator, water pump and thermostat, hoses. etc. then the guage thing could become a pia too. who cares about good paint. look for anything wrong or stuff youll have to replace in the near future to bring the price down, ie motor mounts, tranny mount, bushings, u joints, etc...also make sure it doesnt have abs brakes...you should wait til you can find a newer xj with the 29 spline 8.25. check tcase and diff fluids too. alotta soccer moms have ran t cases dry....if youre looking for something to build up look for an older xj with the 44 rear or a newer one with the 29 spline. check the t case to make sure its the 231. the 242 has less aftermarket support. does it pass smog? how does it drive/handle on the freeway? squirrely steering or vibes mean itll need some work up front, use that to get the price down...

This is a 2wd, right?

i was thinking closer to $2k too. the gauge issue is either the senders or the gauges. easy fix either way. is it dummy lights or full gauges? hows the motor? smooth idle, strong steady acceleration, transmission? other than that is easy fix stuff. the junkyard is your friend.

I'd pass and move on. Too expensive for what you're getting. When you factor the mods you'll need/want and the necessary upcoming repairs and maintenance you'd better have some spare change ready.

Too much $. I just paid 3500 for a 2000 Sport with 111K miles.

Back