• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police XJ Upgrades?

drew_man_chu

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if the police edition had any drivetrain, suspension, or braking upgrades that were not on the standard cherokee. My main concern is upgrading the braking system. Though it does stop (kinda), I would really like some upgrades without converting to the 4 wheel disc.

9 x 2.5 drums are the normal size.

10 x 1.75 came on the Cop car Jeeps.

Using the best quality brake pads or shoes will improve the performance of the braking.

SEARCH for more info on police Jeeps, several members here have them.

Just to have an answer and be done: Extended idle switch and heavier duty cooling and "certified" speedometer.

Ya I know what it's got, (10x1.75) I just had to screw with ya!!

It does have the tow package, however it WAS a pukegoat, now is an AW4, but noone chnaged the gears out, so that 4.0L is just barely turning at 55......

Time to convert that D44 to ZJ discs!!!!! :)

poorboy_616 said:
Ya I know what it's got, (10x1.75) I just had to screw with ya!!

87 D44 has 10X2.5" brakes.

The police ed. has an extended idle switch (mine i dont think does anything), the 10 in brakes in the rear, and a 3 core radiator (available thru Advanced auto and i beleave auto zone) and, the certified speedometer.

My 87 2dr was government issue, but back then the only things you could get were the D44.....(and a few other things, like A/C with rubber floors)

No Extended idle on the Renix.

Does anyone know if there is already a harness attachment for the extended idle switch, and if its possible to get one of these extended idle switches and say hook it up and have it work?

Back