• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yokes

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at getting an 8.25 axle to replace my beat up Dana 35. The 8.25 is missing the yoke, so will the yoke from my D35 swap over to the 8.25 axle? Also, I plan on swapping the axles immediately, what all will/might I need to do the swap so I can get everything before I get it? TIA.

i believe that NAPA may carry a new yoke. im not sure if the d35 yoke will work on your 8.25.

be sure to check the axle seals in your new axle to make sure they dont leak. check out the gears for abnormal wear and damage.

Just my 2-cents...but are you sure you want to go to the 8.25? With a little fab work, the Ford 8.8 is a good replacement for the Dana rear...and on-par with the D44 where strength is concerned.

Flyfisher said:
Just my 2-cents...but are you sure you want to go to the 8.25? With a little fab work, the Ford 8.8 is a good replacement for the Dana rear...and on-par with the D44 where strength is concerned.

Right, but I can't get a Ford 8.8, ready to bolt in, for $75. Hell, I can't get just the axle for less than twice that amount. My D35 is crapping out and I need a replacement soon. I have two other D35s in parts Jeeps, but I don't want to put another hunk or poop in my Jeep...

I'm actually trading a set of the factory turbine wheels, (I had 13 of them), for the axle; so I'm basically getting the axle for free.

The 8.25 yoke is different from the -35. Also, the housing nose on the 8.25 is longer then the -35. Your drive shaft will be too long.

Back