• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sandstorms are fun.......

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
not..

i got a few pictures of one coming in the other day.....

good times.

The sand sets off every smoke detector on base.....which base operations, the folks in charge of making sure we do things safe, mandated us to throw one in every structure.....oh ya beeps a plenty.

just image 70 mph gusts and more sand than the eye can see....

pg27013hk2.jpg

pg27007vi1.jpg

pg27009od1.jpg

dscn1155hk4.jpg

i HATE sandstorms! that stuff gets EVERYWHERE. ive been in a couple down in glamis, cant see 2 feet in front of you for an hour or so, and it burns your skin to be outside in it. 3 years ago there was a sandstorm at night while we were sleeping, i ended up with a 3 foot dune on my hood!

Looks like some of the ones I saw in high school in Arizona (without beeping smoke detectors,haha).

Dude get back here already would ya!!!!

I was walking from work back to camp in Afghan and we got caught up in more than a few...Remember seeing one heading across base perpendicular to our path and saying ah good, that won't hit us. Then it made a 90* turn and washed right over us as we were walking. Big ol 5 ton was comin towards us. I heard the rumblin diesel but saw nothing until it was within about 3 feet of my face. Had to dodge that one...doubt that they saw us. Darn desert camouflage! Blending in with the sand!

:D

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
August 6th to the 12th is my flight out of kuwait window!
shit, you will be here that soon!?!?!?:cry:

:D

I seriously think someone should just call all our boys back. Then " accidentally " drop a nuke and get that shit overwith.

ANywho i smell a party in August

WraithKWK said:
I seriously think someone should just call all our boys back. Then " accidentally " drop a nuke and get that shit overwith.

ANywho i smell a party in August

yes. big party in august everyone better get into it....

just have to determine a location.....my votes jv.....but big bear may also be the ticket we shall see.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:

just have to determine a location.....my votes jv.....but big bear may also be the ticket we shall see.
jv in august............... got heat stroke?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mr.OverKill said:
jv in august............... got heat stroke?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

meh.....

night run 1st of all....

plus it doesnt get much hotter than where im at now.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:

Ben if its BB, we'll have to all meet at Cucas first! Get back safe man.

Hells yeah Dail Special with a Bean and Cheese Burrito, a Chicken taco, and a cherry coke is where its at.

swbooking said:
Hells yeah Dail Special with a Bean and Cheese Burrito, a Chicken taco, and a cherry coke is where its at.

Hell yeah! Red burrito extra cheese, chicken taco and cherry coke!

Damn its making me hungry!

Ohh and the cheese fries! Soo GOOD!

silverslk said:
Looks like some of the ones I saw in high school in Arizona (without beeping smoke detectors,haha).

Dude get back here already would ya!!!!

Kinda the same here! I gew up about 10 miles northeast of Palm Springs. About once or twice a year, we'd get these winds from the southeast, which is the opposite direction than they usually came from - and they'd get worse and worse.

Rocks the size of small marbles would get picked up and tossed at the side of the house! As kids, we'd take the goggles we wore for dirt biking and tape the vent holes over, soak a washcloth, clamp it over our mouths ad make a run for one of the cars, usually the '64 Plymouth, jump inside and watch it be crazy outside. Then cover up and run back in side.

As for JV in August being the same as where you are - in JV there won't be the gentle breeze cause by bulets flying past! (Unless there's an old boat hanging around... :looser: )

bburge

Jays siik xj said:
Hell yeah! Red burrito extra cheese, chicken taco and cherry coke!

Damn its making me hungry!

Ohh and the cheese fries! Soo GOOD!

you guys are azzholes....

id kill for cucas right now.

Jays siik xj said:
LMFAO! Theres no Cucas over there? HAHAHA!

i saw what you wrote first and yes i will accept your offer to buy me cucas :D

Back