• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disco D30 mod

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know how to do the mod where you dont need the vacuum stuff im goin wheelin this weekend and really need my front axle to engague any help is there a write up on it?

Crimzon316 said:
what do i have to do to the shift fork so its engagued(sp?) all the time
there's a spacer that comes with the Warn hub conversion kit for vacuum disconnected axles but any correct size spacer would do, just gotta' find the right size. Take out you vac disconnect assembly and see where it positions itself to engage the shaft collar and find a spacer that'll hold it in place. You have to completely disassemble the actuator so be sure you know how things go together. Google vacuum actuator and you may find a write-up.

Here you go, page 12, part #4

http://fourwheelparts.com/images/products/WAR/38110H0-pn38109.pdf

Last edited:
what i want to know is how to do it the free way i am broke at the moment and am needing the money i have for gas to go wheeling its my first trip ever and really dont want to have to ride with anyone so

I just edited my post to show you the spacer. That little spacer is about as cheap as you gonna' get.

Crimzon316 said:
what i want to know is how to do it the free way i am broke at the moment and am needing the money i have for gas to go wheeling its my first trip ever and really dont want to have to ride with anyone so
Spend no money??????
HEY...
ITS A JEEP!!!!
ya gotta spend money.

Try this...........
(if ya dare)

OPTION #1
(this one i have heard, but never tried)
Pull the shift fork housing.
slide the collar over to engauge the axle shafts together.
Replace the housing UPSIDE DOWN with the fork around the collar.
plug vac ports and lines.

OPTION #2
Pull the shift fork housing.
Slide the collar over to engauge the axle shafts together.
Run a hose clamp around the axle shaft to keep the collar in place.
Replace the shift housing with the fork on the collar.
Plug vac ports and lines.
(yup.... i did that. it worked but dont know how strong it is. had the jeep for another year and was still working when i sold it.
IF I remember right, i did something to to hold the fork in place also. did NOT take anything apart)

Do the cable or the spacer mod asap.

Crimzon316 said:
what do i have to do to the shift fork so its engagued(sp?) all the time
you can buy one of these
kit900_sm.jpg

or one of these
kit1100_sm.jpg

or a hand full of washers on the shaft the fork slides on to keep it engaged works pretty good too.

Thats it bro. I don't understan spending the money on a posi lok whrn you can get TJ axles for the same price too.

i went ahead and did the upside down thing and it works thats just temporary til i get home and can do the washers on my weekend of wheeling.thanks guys

paulhead said:
Thats it bro. I don't understan spending the money on a posi lok whrn you can get TJ axles for the same price too.

I like my vac disco so I'm making a homemade posi lock out of a ten speed bike cable...that way when I get the front locked I can unlock the axle for street use.Total cost of the homemade posi lock is about $25.

Back