• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, hatch lock stuck

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
as it says, the hatch lock is stuck like so......
DSC00930.jpg

I can't seem to get it unstuck, am I going to have to take it apart to fix it or is there an easier way?

could be the handle has come un attached to the linkage behind the plastic of the trunk. if you can pull the plastic back, shine a light in and see a rod that is attached to the lock, but nothing else... it should be attached to the linkage from the handle, a clip.

worth a look

same thing happened to me. even if the linkage is attached, it may have loosened which will not pull the latch far enough to open. you will have to pry the panel back enough to manually pull the latch, then take the panel off, adjust the linkage and lock the plastic clip in place. hope it works out!

no, the linkage is up by the handle. pull the plastic back near the glass and look down. you'll see a thin, threaded rod (linkage) that should clip into a plastic ... clip (allow myself to introduce ... myself). that clip is connected to the hatch handle by another thin rod (non threaded). it looks like the hatch is currently open, so it's pretty simple to pull that panel (just a handful of screws).

Back