• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scenic Clarks Summit May 31st

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
For anyone interested, I am going to do Clark's Summit on Sat, may 31st. It is a 31 mile trail that traverses the back side of Big Bear. Most of the trail is Scenic and easy with some moderate 4x4 sections, With one steep down hill. Portions of the trail include sections of Skyline Drive. According to my trail guide the roads can be difficult to find in areas which might make it fun. It says it takes 4-5 hours and starts off of hwy 38 in South Fork Campground, and has parking. Looks like a good trail for close to stock vehicles. Fun drive stop for lunch, enjoy the views. Might stay over in Big Bear and run John bull on Sunday depending on My 18 year olds willingness to watch our Dogs! Plan on meeting at 9:30am which would gets us going around 10:00.

Last edited:
im game, will bring the kids,
we can also go by the champian logepole pine,(tallest pine tree in the area)
at least that what i have read.

Earl.

I am hoping to make this. Im about 98% sure I will be there.

If you are planning on stopping on the trail for lunch, everyone will need an adventure pass...... They can be had at Turners or Big 5 for $5.00 a day....

Here is a small write up about Clark Summit:
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=XFT001-040

I really want to do this section, but that day I'm having BillyBars installed.
Next time?

This might be fun, if we can find two or three rigs that can go we'll probably make it out there.

Sounds like fun! Let me know how serious the John Bull thing is, and maybe I'll get another room at Motel 6, but I'd love to do the scenic trail if nothing else. =)

The wife and I want to join in. It will be her first wheeling trip! An overnight in bigbear for sure.

Just how many threads are there going ???

Re: Most Scenic in So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy
For anyone interested, I am going to do Clark's Summit on Sat, may 31st. It is a 31 mile trail that traverses the back side of Big Bear. Most of the trail is Scenic and easy with some moderate 4x4 sections, With one steep down hill. Portions of the trail include sections of Skyline Drive. According to my trail guide the roads can be difficult to find in areas which might make it fun. It says it takes 4-5 hours and starts off of hwy 38 in South Fork Campground, and has parking. Looks like a good trail for close to stock vehicles. Fun drive stop for lunch, enjoy the views. Might stay over in Big Bear and run John bull on Sunday depending on My 18 year olds willingness to watch our Dogs! Plan on meeting at 9:30am which would gets us going around 10:00.

Just to be clear... the South Fork C.G. is the meeting spot... 09:30 hrs. ?

Curt

Here is a Pic of my Book, My scanner suck's!

P5160001.jpg

Back