• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case bezel on the cheap?

opie1

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my 89 there were some interior pieces that had been spray-bombed metallic orange. I guess someone watched a little to much "Pimp my ride". I've been able to either paint or junkyard everything accept the t-case bezel. It's an np242 and around here the only ones I can find are at the dealer, about $58. Is there any out there on the the cheap? PLEASE HELP !!! 89 XJ'S AREN'T MADE TO PIMP!!!

There's only one in the STL. Every single Xj I've seen there has an np231. I absolutely refuse to pay a dealer that kind of $$$ for such a little part. I really don't need it that bad, just want it to make interior look presentable.

opie1 said:
When I bought my 89 there were some interior pieces that had been spray-bombed metallic orange.
Soak the parts in brake fluid, the paint will lift right off and it won't hurt the plastic. You may need to let it soak for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Back