• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to remove dashfusebox?

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
Hallo Jeepers. Can someone tell me or I can remove the fusebox under the dash in my '92. without problems? Only 2 torx 30 screws for mounting and the all the connectors are falling down or something like that?
Ther are a lot of electric gremlins in my jeep. I renewed every fuse and switches. Also the earthcables, Now I am very curieus about the situation behind the fusebox for corroded connectors etc.
Thanks and greetings from Holland:wave1:

You must remove the torx screws visible from under dash and then under hood there's a small bolt between the two big cables that holds the two pieces together. I think the small bolt is like a 6 or 8mm IIRC.

dave92cherokee said:
You must remove the torx screws visible from under dash and then under hood there's a small bolt between the two big cables that holds the two pieces together. I think the small bolt is like a 6 or 8mm IIRC.

Thanks Dave. I think it is a 1/4"bolt,but to reach it it is a pita
Mayby I can make a acceshole in the wheelarch? LOL . :wave1: Or is there an other tric?

When I pulled mine apart I used a 1/4" drive socket and a 6" 1/4" extension which allowed me to get it out. Getting it out is the easy part getting it back in and lined up is what's hard to do. You could also get one of the 3/8" drive wobble joint adapters and then use a 3/8"-1/4" adapter.

Back