• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tired of the roof mounted light bar- anyone wanna fab me a bumper hoop?

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
hehe this title reminds me of some of the old 60s horror films with 500 word titles...
anyway, title says it all. I've got a stock bumper and want to put the lights on a prerunner style hoop that I can bolt down to the stock (chrome) bumper. I was looking at a lat pull bar from a universal gym set I have and thought, hmm...if I could weld tabs on this, it'll be perfect. Right height, right shape. :gee:
That was to give you an idea of what I want.

Unless, of course, someone has a whole bumper for sale that has light tabs. I'm jiggy wid dat too. :wave:

I just took small pieces of angle iron, buzzed them on the front and bolted my lights to that. There stonger than hellas, I found that out at the car wash the other day.

I thought of that, but then I decided I kinda want them up near the top of the grill. angle iron that long makes me think of those guys lifting their trucks with square stock...

BajaCurt said:
I know there are guys here that can build one for you (Billy chime in any time) or you could go this route.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/72110_700.htm
I know there's a buncha guys here and it's a simple job and if i'm gonna get raped for 70 bucks I'd rather spend it on brews and make a friend at the same time.
Plus I'd like it to look a little more like a pre runner bar. just like the look better.

Back