• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aaarrrggghhh!

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may know about my D44 Track Loc/No Slip dilemma. Well.....went to Pick-A-Part today, found a couple of Isuzu Rodeo D44s w/Track Locs and a '84 Bronco with a front D44 (spun the axles and checked the tag) decided it was easier to pull the Bronco's third only to find it to be an open diff!.......I should have been wearing my glasses when I read the tag....doh! I'm tired.----------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Some of you may know about my D44 Track Loc/No Slip dilemma. Well.....went to Pick-A-Part today, found a couple of Isuzu Rodeo D44s w/Track Locs and a '84 Bronco with a front D44 (spun the axles and checked the tag) decided it was easier to pull the Bronco's third only to find it to be an open diff!.......I should have been wearing my glasses when I read the tag....doh! I'm tired.----------Hans

Your slipping!!

tcm glx said:
Your slipping!!
Tony, wait till you get to be my age.......it sucks getting old! There's a guy on Pirate sending me one for $50.......I should have just went that route from the get go but, I wanted to find one at the yard......oh, well---------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Tony, wait till you get to be my age.......it sucks getting old! There's a guy on Pirate sending me one for $50.......I should have just went that route from the get go but, I wanted to find one at the yard......oh, well---------Hans
Shoot...i already forget things at my age...hahaha. Honestly, we all love the junkyard...it gives us that sense of peace!!

tcm glx said:
Shoot...i already forget things at my age...hahaha. Honestly, we all love the junkyard...it gives us that sense of peace!!
Yeah, my old lady calls it "Disneyland for guys" (.....doing my Tim Allen impression):D---------Hans

Trouble said:
So your looking for a d44 tracloc carrier? like the oem limited slip?
Yes and no. There are two different styles.....one where the cross shaft is held in with two snap rings (like mine) and the other, where it's held in with a roll pin (the one I need.......of course). BTW, the guy on Pirate had the wrong one as well, crap......back to the yard :dunno: -----------Hans

Ok let me look at the one floating in gear oil in the garage.

Edit: yep I got the c-clip one. sorry

Last edited:
Hans,
I have a Isuzu D44 your welcome to cannibalize. Not sure if it's what ya need, but your close enough if you want to come by.

Russ Pottenger said:
Hans,
I have a Isuzu D44 your welcome to cannibalize. Not sure if it's what ya need, but your close enough if you want to come by.
You know, I was at the yard around the corner from my work (in Sun Valley) and I thought about pulling one from a Honda Passport (same as the Rodeo) but, just like the one(s) at the Ontario yard, it was more effort than I wanted to put into it.....also, I was wondering if that carrier used the bigger 7/16" ring gear bolts and would it be a problem bolting up my ring gear with the smaller 3/8" bolts (until I get around to regearing with "thick" gears):dunno: do you think that would be a problem?......gear guys(?) however, I might just take you up on that. Thanks, Russ!--------Hans

Russ Pottenger said:
Hans,
Sending PM..................now!----------Hans

Back