• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

paint removal

CrankyYankee

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings all..... Some irresponsible house painter dropped a gallon of paint in the road in front of me, and I now have a beige-like color splattered all over my dark green XJ. It's on the paint, on the plastic, the weatherstripping, and the glass. I managed to get the paint off of the glass with a razor blade, but I am at a loss as what to do about getting it off of the body. Could I use some sort of rubbing compound? Is this one of those "it'll buff right out" type of situations? Thanks..... -Greg-

Try denatured alcohol before it dries too much, although that's probably already too late if you're posting this. Next try gasoline.

If that doesn't work, get a claybar. If you can not remove the splatter using the claybar. I would say to wet sand it using 2000-2500 grit. After that run a three stage wax with a buffing wheel. This may seem a bit intimidating at first but remember the splatter is not on your paint its on your clear coat.

Did you get the guy's plate number?

I'd call that his problem.

Hey thanks for the responses guys...It looks like I will be paying for a wet sand and buff. I tried the clay bar setup and it didn't work so hot. And no, I did not get a plate #. :flamemad:

Back