• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel question... Not a typical one...

andrewsnyder

NAXJA Forum User
I know these will fit, that's not the question...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-8...25418115QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280225418115&

The question is, does anyone know anything about these wheels, as far as quality is concerned. The page says they are OE quality, but can anyone on here attest to this?

They would be going on a stock silver 2000 Sport. I think they would look good, and that $600 stimulus may come in handy if these are good wheels!!

those look really nice. i dont know about the quality, but i wouldnt imagine they would have good buisness if they didnt. if you get them post up some pics!

Wow they look really nice! Aluminum right? I can't say what quality would be like... can't be that bad.

I'm more worried about the finish peeling off... But it says they are aluminum, power coated, the lip machined, and then two coats of clear... I may get them, they do look really good!!

I wonder if the center holes are big enough for WARN hubs....hmmm...dont look very big :(

:twak: MINE!

I would wonder about the "power" coat. It may be a typo, however the use of "sound alike" words is sometimes a give away to a cheat. Powder coating is a baked on material, "power coating" could be a rubbed on crap. See what I mean. If I tell you I have some "stinky green" I'll send you, and you send me money, then I send you a bag of cow dung, you get mad, BUT I did send you "stinky green". See my point? Lying in even the slightest terms is NOT cool. Get them IF you can afford them, AND are prepared for the "power coating" to power the hell off, I figure they're just painted. Steel wheels are cheap and easily replaced. If you get them, and tear one up, how hard will it be to replace one?

Your response is what I was looking for... Someone catching something I missed... But it does say powder coat as well as power coat... So I hope it's a typo... Better yet, I'll send them a question!

"Finish: Black face with a machined lip. The finish on this wheel is achieved through several different processes. The end process is a gunmetal POWDER coat applied to the wheel. Then the wheel is precision machined with a coolant and ceramic bit on the outer lip. Leaving the gunmetal POWER coat on the face of the wheel with a fine machined aluminum appearance on the outer lip of the wheel. The final process is two layer of clear coat."

the answer to your question wont do much for you if the finish starts peeling. I've seen many powder coated items fail. Personally I rather spend a little more money on a name brand that I could find some track record of the finish.

I have a set of kmc xd with a black "painted" finish 3 NY winters no problem. I looked at a set of 15's for a jeep a few months ago and they were about 100 each, I think they were enduro's

Back