• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bumper replacement

guzzirider

NAXJA Forum User
My wife bonked the front bumper on her 200XJ. anybody have any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement

Thnaks still snowing in CO

what color you looking for, i have one off of a 98 black in good conditon

Time to upgrade!!!

AJs, JCR, Nates4x4, Protofab, Detours...

I had to replace mine in the last year or so. The stock stuff was so exspensive and to be honest..it does not take much more than a twig to damage it.
I got mine from custom 4X4 fabrication in Oklahoma city.
A family owned business.
It extremly well fabricated. The powder coat is great. The phone calls I had with them were very helpful. It fit like a glove when I installed it. All nuts bolts ect were included.
Bottom line is I saved a lot of money, it is very functional with a brush bar, 2" hitch reciever that enables me to put my winch on the front or rear or push a trailer with and there are two shackle pad eyes.
There have been a lot of folks who have commented on it and one guy wanted to buy it from me on the spot.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/72108_1003.htm
or
http://www.quadratec.com/products/72025_801X_PG.htm

I was looking at the Warrior Products bumper after a Chrysler did this to my bumper:
DSC00016.jpg

I actually got as far as having one delivered, then I found the OR-FAB bumper, LOADS better structurally, 1/4 inch steel runs down the rails and ties into the steering box, down both rails, so it cover both left and right hand drive steering boxes. I got mine for $264.99, by ordering it over the phone, in December the catalog had it listed cheeper, as does the 08 spring edition, it's listed for $34.99 there! And the grill hoop is listed for $9.99! Obviously a mis-print, but you could also say something about false advertising too.

Bang for the buck, JCR with the end protection. Just make sure to clean it up before painting, from then on a decent clean up and respray with rustoleum every year or so. Bumpers like that tend to transfer the crumple zone from your jeep to whatever impacts it... I've already had my XJ hit from the back where the tomken bumper and hitch is, so far jeep damage 0, other cars, 2 radiators, grills, bumpers and bumper covers...

Back