• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF run 5-11-08 Tomorrow!

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
My and a friend are heading out to browns tomorrow to run some trails. Hopefully its thawed some. It will be my in my XJ and him is his TJ. Post and meet us there.

I will have my CB on channel 4. We will be at Rogers Staging area at 11:15~11:30. So you can sleep in or have breakfast with your mum and still make it out :)

Black and White XJ, Burnt orange TJ. I am looking forward to some fun.. he has had all kinds of work done to his TJ, this will be the first trail test of his 35's 5" long arm lift.. and other mods, should be good to see how it does.

I will be in my beater XJ :) 31's open/open getting it done. :firedevil PM me and I will send my mobile if you would like it.

It was great fun. Weather was nice.. sprinkle here and there. I have officially had a tow strap attached to my jeep :helpme: I got high centered going through that damn snow that just will not melt.

Here are a couple videos, small but good. We came across some guys we had seen earlier in the day trying to get their rigs down mini-rubi. We stopped and helped.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/duncanadventures/?action=view&current=dodge-minirubi-1.flv]

http://www.naxja.org/forum/

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/duncanadventures/?action=view&current=dodge-minirubi-2.flv]
http://www.naxja.org/forum/

It was a good day, we did most of the usual, powerline, firebreak, archers. The C-Line road was too covered with that hard centered soft snow.. I kept getting high centered, so we didn't push on..

Fun time..

Last edited:
How deep was the snow up there? I was really hoping it was melted by now. Do you have any idea what teh elevation was where the snow was still sticking?

Well, I have a few pics to add.. haha Thanks for the heads up on the site!

Picture141.jpg

Picture145.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture148-1.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture153-1.jpg

Picture167.jpg

i went up there saturday and ran cedar tree trail all the way through but once you get to the top of that the road has quite a bit of snow.
my bro kept getting high centered too.

nw-xj-scott said:
Well, I have a few pics to add.. haha Thanks for the heads up on the site!

Glad you found it. We will have to go up some time and start out right, air down your tires and get your feet wet on some other trails.. then work our way up to that one..

This is a great site, lots of great info. The people are a big plus. Usually pretty easy to get a group together to wheel with.

There were odd patches of snow all over the place. There was some really deep, like 6 foot area going up saddleback road up towards the top.. Then the part of C-line that goes around the top and towards hogsback and can opener had a lot of snow. It was only on the west facing slopes. Some spots were pretty deep, 4 feet or so. Others were not. It was so soft that it was tough. My tires would just melt into it, and high center my rig... There was more snow at the top of archers, on lydia road going south east. it was still well covered with 2~3 feet.

Its looking to be warm this weekend, hopefully it will melt...

Im lookin to go up again sunday, I picked myself up a Trailmap (on the way home:gonnablow )
Theres a few trails i wanna check out:sunshine:

The powerplant worked like a champ. I love it. Filled my tires up and my buddies in under 20 minutes.. thats with the screwing around inbetween.

I did like the snow wheeling.. but this slushiy mess that likes to high center me is a pain in the ass.

I am up for going this sunday. I need to get way points for soem of the other trails on my GPS.

GlueNTape said:
The powerplant worked like a champ. I love it. Filled my tires up and my buddies in under 20 minutes.. thats with the screwing around inbetween.

I just can't get to the point where I like those winches.

So if your air compressor fails, you have to send in your winch for warranty? Umm...yeah.

And they're just too monstrously huge. I'll be curious to see how your temps are on a hot day.

WheelinJR said:
I just can't get to the point where I like those winches.

So if your air compressor fails, you have to send in your winch for warranty? Umm...yeah.

And they're just too monstrously huge. I'll be curious to see how your temps are on a hot day.

Ya, I do want to keep an eye on the temps. Its really not that much bigger then some other winches.

Back