• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ballast resistor

Why, may I ask, is this a question for us. Are you having some sort of fuel supply problems?

Just need to replace a ballast resistor, broken one got thrown away and all the auto part stores have universal ones, nothing specific for my XJ. Even online, there's no info or XJ specific ballast resistors for sale. So b4 I buy a universal one, wanna get the ohm resistance right or at least close.

90Blue_XJ said:
Why, may I ask, is this a question for us. Are you having some sort of fuel supply problems?

Billy Gun said:
is there a big diff in a ballast's from and old dodge truck with a 318 to my 93 xj 4L ballast?
Probably not enough to make any difference. The one for the fuel pump may carry more amperage (watts).

Just jump the resistor until you get a new one is my method. It never hurt anything to jump it that I#ve noticed.

xarw5f.png

MiNi Beast said:
The Ballistic resistor you need is- GP Sorensen #GCR7 AutoZone or Napa

:sure:
I believe this is the one I got. Got mine at NAPA. Worked for me!

Back