• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another homemade snorkel..

engwi021

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to try and post a link to my jeep and snorkel pics. :flipoff: If you don't see them, let me know.

Bill
shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

Last edited:
awsome!

http://groups.msn.com/BillsJeep/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1
Use that link to see the photos.
Worries me though that it look like only 2" pipe? Need minimum of 2.5" and really 3" like all commercially made ones to make sure the extra drag on the distance does not cause a loss. Also I don't see any form of separating the water out at the head either for when you drive in the rain etc?

Oh,
I also meant to say that the bottom side of the head has about 7 or 8 holes drilled for drainage and the air tube sits about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch above the bottom of the head.

Bill

I recently had trouble during hill climbs with my snorkle that's made the same as yours. I had to reopen my stock airbox hole to allow the proper amount of air in to compensate for the fuel my system was delivering. As a snorkle during mud & flat trail runs I've never had a problem though.

DSC07493.jpg

XJBeater said:
i now where to get the pvc pipe but where did you find that head piece?
Boat shops have them. West Marine has a good selection with different pipe sizes, though they're white and somewhat expensive--~$35.
EDIT: I looked on West Marine's site and they only go down to 3." I was just in one this morning (which is why it came to mind) and I could have sworn that I saw one for a 2" pipe.

Last edited:
Back