• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fenders are officially TRIMMED!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Wow, that's nerve racking... But I think overall they turned out nice. I'm gonna pick up some door molding for the edges, kragen was out of stock on the roles.

Anyway, pics:

DSCF2921.jpg

DSCF2922.jpg

DSCF2923.jpg

Oh shit... Don't do this!!! :laugh:

DSCF2928.jpg

Finished:

DSCF2935.jpg

DSCF2944.jpg

DSCF2945.jpg

DSCF2946.jpg

I was going to do the fold on the rear, but as I did it noticed the paint flaking and cracking. I didn't want this, so eff it, I'll deal with the separation. You'll never notice once the trim is on :D

Overall I'm happy. And big thanks to Justin for letting me use the saw, Frankie for stupidvising and helping me wrench, Rambo for parts running and Larry Turner for providing the garage!!! Thanks :NAXJA:

Also, as for the washer reservior... As rambo said, "It's not a NAXJA party without a fire, a whoops, or a leak" :laugh: :woohoo:

ouch, you cut past the spot welds on the rear...might consider getting some tack welds done but honestly, it would be interesting to see how long it would take for the panels to separate a shift.

djblade311 said:
ouch, you cut past the spot welds on the rear...might consider getting some tack welds done but honestly, it would be interesting to see how long it would take for the panels to separate a shift.
Well, I was gonna roll them, but the paint would have look HORRIBLE. Frankies are cut past his welds and holding up fine. I"ll put some sort of sealant in there.

Looks awesome dude! I just did mine tuesday and wednesday and your right it is a little nerve racking. I think they look so much better cut than with those stock flares.

I always liked the flares too - I'm not a fan of the huge Bushwacker look really, though, nor of putting Wrangler flares on there, although either look OKAY. Mine are just cut, I want to do the edge trim stuff as well, but for now the flaking paint/rust spots will work ;).

Nice job!

looks good Jim, gonna bump up a tire size now?

crazyjim said:
Yea, remember this? :laugh:

l_e25074d43a5e8db1b9c7656596c1a977.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I DO!!!!!!

Serious though Jim. I was stock ALOT longer than you and had to have Tony call me "Far from high". :dunce:

Back