• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The XJ is still a chaser!!

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
So, as you many of you know, I had been chasing for the 2 Lees Racing Jeepspeed. Unfortunately, last year they made a decision to move on from racing the vehicle and so I have not been doing any chasing in my XJ.

I fortunately met Billy early in the year who has helped me do some serious reinforcing in my XJ as well as some new found work on my XJ (including 14" Bilsteins in the rear, 12" Bilsteins in the front, and a very very very sturdy cage!)

So for those of you that have seen DUST TO GLORY, there is a small piece in the movie that talks about the VW Class 11.....so the guys that are featured in that movie have just moved on as of two years ago to a larger class 1/2 1600 car. They did fairly well, winning local series in Mexico such as CODE Off Road, and had a great track record, finishing top 7 in every race they entered, not a single DNF!! So now they stepped up and built a new car with the help of some of their larger sponsors such as BIlstein ;) ;)

So Anyways, the baja 500 will be their first race in the new car. I will be very fortunate to be chasing for them throughout the rest of the year in the Score series, including the Baja 1000!! Woot Woot!!!

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.baja4racing.com/home.php

Here is a link to them testing last week ( I did not attend because I was having a blast a BB with some folks!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bme9aVaJ6LQ

And, in case any of you would like to support the team...we are selling t-shirts. The proceeds go 100% towards the race vehicle. They are $15 a pop up to XL, and I beleive $18 for XXL. If you want some, hit me up!!
Camiseta_B4R_4.jpg

Tony, great that you got hooked up with another team. Sometimes I wish that I was off every weekend instead of just every other weekend so I could get more involved in desert racing. Good luck to you and your new team.

BTW, we heard that the top 10 KOH finishers are assured of an invite next year. What are you doing around the end of Feb? :)

Goatman said:
Tony, great that you got hooked up with another team. Sometimes I wish that I was off every weekend instead of just every other weekend so I could get more involved in desert racing. Good luck to you and your new team.

BTW, we heard that the top 10 KOH finishers are assured of an invite next year. What are you doing around the end of Feb? :)

Chasing for you of course!! This year was an absolute blast, I would be honored to come out and help again next year!! Goood times!! :cheers:

BajaCurt said:
Very cool Tony, congrats. Maybe I'll see you at the 500. I might help chase for a class 8.
Unfotunately I will probably not go to the 500..I will be prerunning the 500 with them, but the actual race, I may have to sit out.....the wife is due within a week of that......

nice shirts and congrats on the chase assignment!

md11fan said:
how long do we have before we cant order no more?

Well, I am picking up an order on Friday, so order from now until Friday......and I will have shirts available next week.

Back