• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with lights

md11fan

NAXJA Forum User
OK so heres the run down on saturday after the so-cal naxja big bear meet i was driving down the mountain and all my lights worked and were on, but then when i hit a bump in the road they all went off including the headlights for 30sec then hit another bump and they came back on but started to flicker, soon enough they all came back on and stayed on but last night when i was driving i turned my light on and to my amazement only the headlights, and dome light worked! The Brake lights, and turn signal worked but not the tail light no interior nothing. So does anyone have any idea what is going on?

-John

Mine was the power supply wire loose on the headlight switch connector. It had overheated the composition and was holding on by it's own friction.

Previously, it was a big symptom the headlight switch itself was burning out. All the headlight power runs through it. Don't understand it, the horn has a relay on the '90, but the headlights don't. Later models got one at the power distribution box on the fenderwell, you can swap them around to see if it gets better. Like as not it's something to do with the switch.

I reduced the load putting in the auxiliary headlight wiring harness with relays, and a new set of Hellas with H4 bulbs.

Back