• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woohoo

89xjJe3per

NAXJA Forum User
Got these bad boys in the mail today!
Picture189.jpg

Picture190.jpg

actually came with stickers! Ummm Q though anyone local want to lend a hand?

You won't need help, and you probably won't need both of them.
Has anyone ever torn up the passenger side mount?
(That is a real question, I don't know how common that problem is.)
I bought a set and installed one each into my son's and mine.

Rick

Jump This said:
Rick
You just about have to be doing wheel stands in reverse to ruin the PS mount.

And Rick is right about the install too. Not really a rocket science type job. If you have some common tools and know which way to turn the wrench, you'll be fine.

I had a broken passanger side mount, but never knew it. Went to change the oil one day and saw it.

Justin

hey that looks like the same travertine I just i nstalled in my bathroom.

Rick is right for once, upgrade your driver's side motor mount and sell the other one. After 120K miles, my passenger side was still perfectly fine.

Just need a floor jack, piece of 2x4, and a couple of wrenches/rachets to swap out

Call me weird, but I always change things in pairs. Even though my passenger mount was fine, I replaced it when I replaced the driver mount.

When I mow the front yard, I mow the back yard. When I wash my right hand, I wash my left hand. When I eat penut butter, I eat jelly. When I toast bread, I toast both sides.

OK.. Call me weird.. :confused1

:D

E

I am running these and they are a little more difficult to put in then you think. I had to on the Drivers side grind out the bracket that is attached to the motor about 1/4 of inch more to make these work.

Jump This said:
You won't need help, and you probably won't need both of them.
(That is a real question, I don't know how common that problem is.)
I bought a set and installed one each into my son's and mine.

Rick

both my driver and pass side are shot i can stick my finger inbettwen then bolt and where the rubber use to be

Would bad motor mount cause a thunking sound under the driver's side on hard acceleration or while bouncing around off-road?

I put the MORE's in mine, my dad and I did it, and he hates working on cars... even he said it was an easier job than he thought.

A jack, a 2x4 and hand tools are all you need.

BlackSport96 said:
Would bad motor mount cause a thunking sound under the driver's side on hard acceleration or while bouncing around off-road?

YES thats why im replacing mine while i idle clunk clunk clunk put gose away when i hit the gas im doing the motor and tranny mounts hopfully i can get it all done within an hour or 2

I remember spending hours trying to track down that damn clunking sound coming from the front end......bad motor mount.
It also sounds like you need to replace both of them....watch where your sticking your fingers though.... :D

And E....buddy.....if you don't have a lawn in the back yard, do you still need to mow it?

;)

DONE so heres what my driver side AND pass side looked like! Whew im so glad i got them replaced!
Picture191.jpg

Picture192.jpg

And the new product! took it for a spin and GOD these are nice recomend them highly!
Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

havent done the tranny mount yet have to go to work...:banghead:

Justin

how much do these mounts run?

Brown dogs are about 100 bucks

MORE's 130.

PhotographerMike said:
He sells direct on eBay, search "brown dog mount".

And a slightly O.T. question; I have a 2 w.d. / 4 cyl. / manual trans., his auction says; "1984 - 2001 4 cyl.Cherokee XJ 4 WD only."
Are they really different?

Thanks,
Mike

They're not, mine was a 2wd-4wd conversion mounts stayed the same....Even when I replaced them for the second time.

Justin

Back