• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks Scott!

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Well, SoCal folks have saved my bacon yet once again this week (that'd be third time in 4 days). What happened? All the bolts on my detroit backed out (D30) and the master mechanic Scott has taken a look at it to make sure that nothing busted up inside and gave it a clean bill of health. Looking at what he did, it was simple enough that anyone can do it but.... what took him 30 minutes or so, would have taken me couple hours (I'm beat...)

Anyways, so I think it's time to pass this good Karma around :D I won't be in town and available till about second weekend of June (14/15) but I'll tentatively schedule a wrench @ Remi's place day :D I know some folks have been asking about full circle clips (easy, I can help with that) and I know someone recently mentinoed having to weld on lower shock mounts and mini skids.... so depnding on what it is, I'll offer up my services and my driveway and tools. All I ask is for folks to bring brake cleaner to cleanup oil spills :D More details will follow on this as soon as I know my schedule ;)

So why do they back out??? I have heard this story many times on here, but have never had any trouble myself. Should I be worried?

JohnX said:
So why do they back out??? I have heard this story many times on here, but have never had any trouble myself. Should I be worried?
I think it's stress on the housing of the locker. IIRC they're not red locktited from the factory. I know I locktited them in place and I did retighten both lockers at one point in the past year or two (I just can't remember if it was the 30 or the 44 that started backing out).

I believe if you change fluids every couple wheeling trips and check the bolts for tightness you'll be fine.

Hey Remi, glad to know Scott was able to help you out......I know I about lost my drawers when I saw how fasthe put together my detroit on the 30...i was like WOW!!! Quick! I thought to myself...." he knows his junk, or my junk is going to fall apart in 5 miles!! hahahaha"

:yelclap: Scotty:yelclap:

Kejtar said:
Anyways, so I think it's time to pass this good Karma around :D I won't be in town and available till about second weekend of June (14/15) but I'll tentatively schedule a wrench @ Remi's place day :D
Update: figured out my schedule.. lets shoot for June 7/8 weekend.

Your Welcome Remi... As I stated last night you should get some new springs for that beast since you wheel the heck out of it.. They should only be around 10 bucks each from randy's.. Next time take it apart and soak it in some solvent to wash all that old fluid and metal out of it...

Clean-RC said:
Your Welcome Remi... As I stated last night you should get some new springs for that beast since you wheel the heck out of it.. They should only be around 10 bucks each from randy's.. Next time take it apart and soak it in some solvent to wash all that old fluid and metal out of it...
I think I know what my summer project is now :D Rework stuff on the red jeep ;) well.. damn.. forgot.. it's no longer red ;)

Back