• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer wiring.. help

mage

NAXJA Forum User
18354.jpg

This is harness is real close to what the PO has installed on my 00 xj, but mine is made by U Haul.

The Black box (large one in pic) is that the converter?, well the green wire leading from the xj into this box is live but the green wire leaving this black box is dead.

The end 4 pin connecter which you plug the trailer into, has indicator lights upbove each of the wires.. cool huh... the green light wire indicator light glows.

On the trailer
I have no right turn or break
I have good left turn and break

Thanks...

Not sure what the box is. Standard trailer wiring green is right turn and brake light on trailer. The box may be the interface for the turn signal and brake light.Sounds like that is where your problem lies.

The black box is the converter. It must have a bad wire or connection inside. Get a new one at from a hitch installer, a Farm and Fleet type store, NAPA, or on the Internet. They are usually about $23. Make sure you get one for the Cherokee and that it is plug and play. The generic wire it yourself ones are a pain in the sass.

I ended up getting just replacing the converter in the wiring harness

Now I just picked up an old military lights that have a separte wires for three separte bulbs. Two on top (Break and Turn)? and one the bottom (Back up)?

Any ideas how I can wire these for the XJ?

Back