• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Wrinkles in Time.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Alex (Handlebars) has strongly encouraged me to start this thread over in the Adventure forum so those of you who may have missed the last two could see these old pics again.

My family and Jeeps go all the way back to the 40s and 50s. My father and Grandfather both being photographers with their own dark rooms spent many of days out in the backwoods of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado and Nevada documenting their extraordinary voyages.

I will try to post four or five a week up...until my supply runs out. I have found a few new ones, here are some examples...

soutah65-1.jpg

soutah65-11.jpg

soutah65-3.jpg

alicelk-65-12.jpg

alicelk-73-7.jpg

Last edited:
I love your old family photos. Thanks for starting another thread.

By the way...that is some serious water he is fording!

Gotta love the slicks on the wagon...And those hubs sticking way out up front. I'd love to have either one of those rigs. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

A few more new ones this week.

Once I get through the new ones I will go back and repost all the old ones too.

Locking the hubs in to cross the creek heading up to Alice lake in Wyoming.
alicelk-59-20.jpg

alicelk59-8.jpg

alicelk-59-10.jpg

alicelk-59-5.jpg

Nice trip through the way back machine, or as my son would say "thanks for the history lesson"! :read:
Cool pics.

DrMoab said:

Where these from slides? JW bc the license plate #s are backwards.

Oh, wait, you mentioned that your Dad and Grandpa had a darkroom. Maybe they just put the negative backwards?

boredchimp said:
Where these from slides? JW bc the license plate #s are backwards.

Oh, wait, you mentioned that your Dad and Grandpa had a darkroom. Maybe they just put the negative backwards?
They were scanned from slides, I didn't do them and have been trying to reverse them as I caught on to that. Thanks for noticing, I will edit them to the right angle.

great pics ryan now your wanting me to spend a weekend going through my family's old wheeling pics and slides

GSequoia said:
You know, with Ryan's old family photos it's cool, because even Ryan is somewhat respectable and all.

But pictures from Derek's family? That gives me goose bumps.
i'm the black sheep of the family they are "NORMAL" so to speak, so you shouldn't be scared

Back