• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum leak.. another random vac line layin around

crashxxx

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where this one is supposed to hook up?

it T's off of right near the cruise on the pass side and runs towards the front of the truck then is laying down behind the headlight only down a little lower almost as far down as behind the valance... it has a 90 degree elbow on the end.

it's just layin there hissing.. help :worship:

crashxxx said:
anyone know where this one is supposed to hook up?

it T's off of right near the cruise on the pass side and runs towards the front of the truck then is laying down behind the headlight only down a little lower almost as far down as behind the valance... it has a 90 degree elbow on the end.

it's just layin there hissing.. help :worship:

look under your pass. side bumper... one of the lines going to that round canister maybe?

cool thanks.. I'll have to see if I can find said canister... any idea what it's for? or if it'll help with my rough idle or P0131 code? LOL.. yeah I'm fishin' I know *shrugs*

yes it could help with the rough idle to hook it back up. Vac leaks can and will cause rough idles depending on the leak. Not sure what year rig you got but in the older XJ's they used vacuum to control the heater vents, control the front disco axle and a couple other things.

oops.. it's a 98 cherokee sport 4L .. sorry about that.

seems that said canister is MIA .. LOL .. I suppose the previous owner thought it was optional and removed/lost it

i stand corrected. we pulled the cruise vac line and hooked the mystery line up and viola. the vents selector is shooting air in all locations now. it seemed before to be pulling enough vac to do defrost and feet only. now it's doing vents also.

all that being said, I suppose I'll have to find a replacement canister and find a place to put it.

thanks for the input.

LOL .. ok ok outlander.. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

i need that kind of specific advice/input on the rough idle and P0301 code that's haunting me .. LOL ;) i'd like to get that resolved before I slap a 'for sale' sign on it

the great news is I took it for an emissions test today and it passed no problem :spin1:

Go to your local parts house and have them pull the Code f/your OBDII port. Or buy a tester then you can do it yourself. That will tell you specifically what is tripping the ECU and you won't be guessing.

Also... get a canister and plug it in... you'll need that switching of your vents and such sometime.

thanks red..

the code that's tripping is p0301

and i found the canister.. it's tucked way up there.. can't get the line reconnected until i'm home from work

Last edited:
I don't know what that code is... do you know what p0301 is? If so, you can check that specifically and get it corrected. I used to have a chart for the codes, but don't have that w/me right now.

yeah I've read through that thread and I'm subscribed to updates. I can get the restore additive up here but don't think MMO can be bought up here.

I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours this morning and the rough idle is ever so slightly better but still very apparent. I don't have a compression tested but looks like I need to invest in one.

tomorrow morning i'm checking that vacuum canister and see how many lines should be attached vs how many are

Back