• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for some trimmin's!

remember, measure twice, measure 3 more times, then cut once.

or you'll end up with 2 random holes in your fender like me.

crazyjim said:
So... I'm ready to trim my fenders, and I'm also ready to cut and fold my rear quarter panels. Who's down? :D And what's the best way to cut? Cut off wheel? Jig saw? Shears?

TONY!!! Come help fold my quarters!

I am not the best at doing that.......but shoot, i have a cut off wheel....I am down. Come over to my place...I can help with the fenders too!

crazyjim said:
:laugh: Sounds like a plan. Right now I figure I'll mask off at the line my stock flare wore into the paint :D

thank god for nylon hole plugs

hey jim...im down i gotta do some cutting myself...lets do it....i may be getting some rhino lining stuff myself!!!

high speed airsaw or cutoff wheel, i prefer the wheel its MUCH neater. the airsaw jumps around a little too much for me. and for gods sake dont use a damn sawzall or you'll end up with a big mess!

I used an air body saw, it works well if you have a second person wearing gloves to steady the fender as it likes to wiggle.

Cut-off wheel worked for me, and some patience.:flipoff: . Bedliner coating is a good way to go also, I used Durabak over entire XJ. Cut it, patch it, cover it!

I perfer these no mess,their quite & make perfect cuts everytime.. Plus you get curly fries when your done!
kett220.jpg

Back