• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY brake pressure bleeder

lazyxj

NAXJA Member #1310
What to do when you finish up at brake job at 9 PM and there is no one to assist you in bleeding the brakes?
Build a pressure bleeder!

This happened to me a few nights ago so. Thinking about it, I realized all I needed to do was to pressurize the master cylinder. My air compressor has a pressure regulator that can be set to the FSM’s recommendation of 15-20 PSI.
The rest of the parts were just leftovers from many past projects.
The bleeder sits on top of the MC and is held down by the chain, ¼” bolts and wind nuts.
The valve is used to turn the pressure on and off when refilling the MC.
Bleed one wheel at a time, adding brake fluid to the MC each time to prevent running the MC dry.

It only took and hour to make and it will fit my other cars. I should have done this years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157604930479626/

makkman said:
genuis. how well did it work?

Just like the commercial one I used at work except for not have a separate reservoir.
Sure bets begging the wife to help.

Last edited:
Car Craft magazine had an article about this several years ago, they used a thick piece of steel with an air fitting attached and a piece of rubber for a seal. I can't remember how they attached it, but I imagine it would be similar.

Back