• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shop to ream out a pitman arm?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
My brand new reamer does not want to bite worth of a damn... Does anyone know of any shops in OC that might be able to ream out a pitman arm for me on the spot? I need it done tomorrow.

Thanks

For a 1 ton tie rod end? Mine cuts like butter :greensmok

Call me, we'll do lunch. :cheers:

I think my dog licked Remis' reamer :moon:

paulhead said:
For a 1 ton tie rod end? Mine cuts like butter :greensmok

Call me, we'll do lunch. :cheers:
:worship: I owe you lunch and beer and.... well, you've definately saved my bacon.

Btw, not all snapon reamers were created equal. I got one at home that just will not BITE. Paul's laughed at the pitman arm and in about 10 minutes I had my pitman arm done.

:worship: :cheers:

Kejtar said:
:worship: I owe you lunch and beer and.... well, you've definately saved my bacon.

Btw, not all snapon reamers were created equal. I got one at home that just will not BITE. Paul's laughed at the pitman arm and in about 10 minutes I had my pitman arm done.

:worship: :cheers:
The same one I used on my Pitman??? Maybe its operator error? :D

Seriously though....I used that on my pitman and it worked beautifully. Is there a difference in metals between a stock 88 arm and a new ZJ?

JohnX said:
Is there a difference in metals between a stock 88 arm and a new ZJ?
Not sure if there is a difference, but its actually a RE arm.

JohnX said:
The same one I used on my Pitman??? Maybe its operator error? :D

Seriously though....I used that on my pitman and it worked beautifully. Is there a difference in metals between a stock 88 arm and a new ZJ?

Hmm when I got the reamer home it looked like it was never used. I actually thought that you gave me one right after you swapped it out and it was never used. When I took it to the pitman arm it didn't do a damn thing. Took it over to Paul's place, his reamer (same model) went through the pitman arm like through butter.....

Oh yeah, it'd be tough for it to be operators error as I was working on it both at my and Paul's place ;)

Kejtar said:
Hmm when I got the reamer home it looked like it was never used. I actually thought that you gave me one right after you swapped it out and it was never used. When I took it to the pitman arm it didn't do a damn thing. Took it over to Paul's place, his reamer (same model) went through the pitman arm like through butter.....

Oh yeah, it'd be tough for it to be operators error as I was working on it both at my and Paul's place ;)
Did you have it spinning the right direction? :D---------Hans

You got me? That is the one I did the MJ pitman with. I switched it before I did my cutting, but I was VERY careful not to damage it for you.

Don't know what the problem could be?????

Back